SAU Community

Exhaust System Lengths On R34 Gtt Sedan?

Hi all, I had a quick look around but couldn't find an answer:

Does anyone have the service manual diagram or similar for R34 GTT Sedan exhaust system with the measurements (length) for all parts:

1. Dump pipe

2. Catalyser

3. Front pipe

4. Front muffler

5. Rear pipe

6. Rear muffler

Also if you have the above for the R34 GTT Coupe or R33 GTSt Coupe that would be greatly appreciated!

I am trying to work out what's involved in modifying R34 GTT Coupe or R33 GTSt Coupe exhaust system (turbo back or just catback) for R34 GTT Sedan - is it just adding extra piping before or after the front muffler, or is it more complicated than that?

The sedan systems are pretty hard to come by and pricey... I know that the system is longer than the coupe one.

I found a good pic of two systems here:

1 x Stock R33 GTST (2 door) Cat back exhaust (Cat back section with stock dual tip muffler)

1 x Stock R34 GTT (2 door) Turbo back exhaust (Dump, front, cat, cat back section, Genuine Nismo VSS Muffler)

2545913150102364341S600x600Q85.jpg

Also a useful diagram from the R34 Gtr Exhaust In R34 Gtt thread:

R34 GTT (assume coupe):

2483462340102364341S600x600Q85.jpg

Thanks in advance!

sedan exhaust is slightly longer so the rear hangers for the tips are at different positions.

everything else is the same.

its around 15-20cm difference.

left: R34 4dr

right: R34 2dr

exhausta.jpg

sedan exhaust is slightly longer so the rear hangers for the tips are at different positions.

everything else is the same.

its around 15-20cm difference.

Awesome, thanks heaps for this Dori34!

So basically all you need is a 15-20cm extension for the rear pipe (before rear muffler) to convert an R34 Coupe system for a Sedan. Sounds like a run of the mill job for an exhaust joint.

Does anyone know the differences between the R33 GTSt Coupe and R34 GTT Coupe systems?

• 2 weeks later...

I just got a second hand HKS Super Drager catback (for R33 GTS-t) with the intention of getting it modified to suit my R34 GTT sedan.

I thought I'd have to add some extra piping but looking under the car it seems the other way around, I may have to cut some off!

The stock cat rear is roughly where the HKS front muffler front would be.

The cat sits basically under the passenger seat (you can just see at the bottom of the photo) and the front pipe is seriously long:

2514355650102364341S425x425Q85.jpg

Did all the R34 Sedans (this is series 1) come with this arrangement i.e. front pipe straight after dump, before the cat??

Does any manufacturer make thicker front pipes (3" or so) for these things or do you have to go custom?

i have a custom 3" front pipe if you are interested, $80 + post.

just needs to be flanged to suit your dump - been made custom so it sits as close to the body and doesn't sag unlike some off the shelf ones around.

From what i gathered, the R33 GTST length is same as R34 GTT but some hangers are different so have to be modded.

you could always just go your local exhaust shop and get them to supply and fit one?

you dont HAVE to order a japan / brand based exhaust

Yeah getting a custom one is the plan, it probably works out cheaper too.

i have a custom 3" front pipe if you are interested, $80 + post.

just needs to be flanged to suit your dump - been made custom so it sits as close to the body and doesn't sag unlike some off the shelf ones around.

From what i gathered, the R33 GTST length is same as R34 GTT but some hangers are different so have to be modded.

Thanks for the offer, I'll PM you with some further questions.

I'm going to get a quote from an exhaust shop over the next few days, let's see what they think.

• 5 weeks later...

Just in case anyone is wondering, the approximate measurements of the stock exhaust system are as follows:

1. Front pipe 50 cm
  2. Cat 39 cm
  3. Mid pipe 50 cm (looks shorter in the photo though)
  4. Mid muffler 30 cm
  5. Rear pipe 80 cm
  6. Rear muffler 50 cm (it is massive)
  7. Tips 10 cm

Please note that these are 'linear' lenghts, not actual pipe lengths.

Here's a quick photo:

2675963180102364341S600x600Q85.jpg

The catback is different between sedan and coupe and it seems that the rear end of the front pipe is mounted slightly differently, too.

• 4 years later...