SAU Community

R33 Aerial And Clock

4rdr33

Hi all, havin problems with my aerial since I went to put my tv in car, that wouldn't work, so I put the other cd player back in and now the aerial won't go up and down even though it's hooked, and the clock is dull like it's going flat. Any help would be great.

sounds like u have blown a fuse. dont worry its easy to fix. u know the fuse compartment on the drivers side in the car? look in there and i think its a acc fuse i could be wrong just check them all and replace. i had similar thing happen to me so i checked each fuse (stupid Japanese righting :laugh: )

the reason. because u were drawing over the 20A that the fuse is made to brake at when u put the TV in the car

Well i tried all the fuses, none blown, not sure what else, clock doesnt have any power now, dead. i will pull off the surround again and look to make sure everything is right behind there, but im 100% sure it is. Any other clues.

i dont know what else it could be... maybe a angry wire that is earthing out? but then the fuse would have blown.

hmmm maybe get the audio wire diagram for your car and for ur head unit and check that everything is were it should be

low voltage on the line for the power antenna or bad ground on antenna and or radio.

clock dim ??? lcd or fluro type clock lights?

I would guess low voltage on that circuit, if the fuse was blown it wouldnt work at all

clock LED only needs a few volts, power antenna needs 12v

Well after searching this site, there has been alot of people with the issue over the years asking about it, but i have not read how they fixed it, did they simply give up and rewire the clock, and in my case my aerial wont go up and down. I have checked everything that i can think of or see and its got me stuffed. Usually im actually quite good at finding issues like this, but not this one. Oh well keep searching for a answer. Thanks to anyone who knows how to solve it.

check the voltage output to the antenna? 12v ?

clock can fail, old nissan clocks did all the time ?

got a photo of it to see ?

antenna ,does it even make motor noise when the radio comes on? if so it's got a broken plastic winder thing inside and most can be fixed

some aftermarket/oem ones use a relay to boost current to put the antenna up? have you investigated that?

I did look around at relay but couldn't see one that it would come under, going to pull aerial connections of this afternoon as I finish at 1 on Fridays so I will actually have some daylight. If I can figure it out, I will just rewire the aerial with it's own online fuse, same with clock if I have too. It's just odd cause the constant power wire for the head deck is only pushin just over 2v all the time, I have to run my own just to get it to work. But thanks to everyone that's tried to help so far.

Well everything is working again, I lost my indicators last night, checked all the fuses and nothing blown, but they still flashed with the alarm, so I checked fuses avian and found one dead, put that back in and clock and aerial started working, but still no indicators, then I fiddled putting the fuse in all the way it can and just tested once more and there they were. I must have a loose connection behind the fuse box, cause I triple checked all the fuses the other day and none were blown. The whole fuse box inside the panel moves so it would not suprise me. So sorry I don't have a solution for anyone else who has this problem, all I can say is check third fuse up from the bottom, left side in side the car, that's the one that ended up shitting itself.