SAU Community

R34 Gt-t Street/drag

Hi all, I would like show you all my R34 GT-T that i pick up last week. This is my second skyline, the previous skyline was an R32 GTS-T (manual) that i had for over three years... but thats a story for another day. When purchasing this skyline i had some guide lines i wanted to stick to which was, R34, must be turbo, Auto, not heavily modified, enjoyable daily drive, stock suspension. This car fits all these well. I had these guide line's for a couple of reasons , my R32 had coil overs (not the best on country roads), in the later stages the R32 also had and twin plate clutch (extremly brutal for normal driving conditions). Some lessions learned from past experiences help me choose this skyline.

Plans for the future, wanting to compete in drag racing and events like powercruise, modifications will mainly be focused towards responsive power and putting it down. Here are some pics tell me your thoughts. cheers Azza

post-75050-1278845562_thumb.jpg

post-75050-1278845592_thumb.jpg

post-75050-1278845643_thumb.jpg

post-75050-1278845669_thumb.jpg

post-75050-1278845690_thumb.jpg

post-75050-1278845708_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

No it was midnight blue,

Trick up the auto and it will be better for drags than a manual...

yep for those who have been in a high powered turbo car autos are great as they dont drop of boost between gears.

P.S. just added a turbosmart dual port on the week end, first mod for maximum respect LOL.

ur f**king clueless buddy

auto is defiantely faster than a manual.

Yup as long as the auto is good ie. quick changes and changes at redline etc and we are talking about a straight line. Cause the manual would win around a track.

Yup as long as the auto is good ie. quick changes and changes at redline etc and we are talking about a straight line. Cause the manual would win around a track.

Your on the money.

heading down to test and tune at willowbank this saturday to get some bass times, for feedback in the future.

Does any know what suspenion i should look for, I have read that stock is best for draging, but it looks like a monster truck at the moment. lol :(

stock is good as it allows the car to squat and weight transfer far better than most of the stiffer aftermarket setups.

Worn out stock is even better.

also some fat rubber on stock 16" (R34 non-turbo) rims for the back - when at the drags. Low profile is not good for drags.

Run your 17" (R34 turbo) rims for the street.

A couple of perks working at a tyre shop is buy tyres at great prices even beter is when your at bridgestone so you get quality tyres at good prices. today i got a set of bridgestone REO 070's believe me they stick like shit to a blanket. :)

Test 'n' Tune went well last night. so i've got my base time now i can strat planing my next mods and start saving.

Here are my results: 60' - 2.257

330 - 6.232

1/8 - 9.480

MPH- 75.41

KPH- 121.36

1000'- 12.298

1/4 - 14.661

MPH - 95.88

K/mh- 154.31

Not to bad for a first time out in completly stock car. (i beat my bros time in his BF XR8 manual ute)

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE : Goal = 11.99> sec qtr mile (while keepong the engine bay as stock looking as possible (no high mounts)

Game Plan : Remap eg nistune or piggyback ecu (r34 neo auto controll built into stock ecu)

Fuel system, Warlbro intank, turbosmart fuel pressure reg (injectors only if needed)

Air flow, high flow or gt28 turbo (open to suggestions) , dumppipe, high flow cat

FMIC (must use factory pipe work),

Auto, stall (3000rpm), Shift kit(try to use factory lever and steering wheel controlls),

auto cooler

Diff, nismo 1.5way or similar

Wheels and tyres drag rears 255/55R16 m/t drag rads on r32 gtr wheels

street allround 225/45R17 b/s re070's street (DONE)

Stock springs and shocks (easy one DONE)

So thats the plan with some secrets withheld, any suggestions welcome to help me get to that magic 11 seconds

• 1 month later...

Update:

As some of you would know the 6 banger nats were on a Warwick dragway during weekend of sep 18-19.

I returned home with no prize but had a great time and a improvment on my 1/8 mile time. My good freind Noddy put me up for the night though racing sunday was canceled due to rain. Rod from RAW Automotive and Performance Dalby who made the trip out with me came runner up in Blown/Turbo class in Turbo crossflow powered t bucket. Any ways here is my best run for the day.

Reaction: 0.727

60ft : 2.205

MPH : 84.89

1/8 : 9.197

With that my 1/4 maile time would be some where in 14.3 sec zone with no extra modes just some practice.