SAU Community

Waterless Car Wash Spray

i had a guy try to sell me this stuff at a servo. i pulled up to check air press in my tyres. he came over and did a sample area on my lower rear quarter. the car was filthy at the time. and as i watched him wipe, i felt a little sick, and said - 'stop, i dont want any.' lol. it just doesnt seem right.

I never used it so I don't know whether they are as bad for your paint as claimed on here, so I'm not going to comment on that.

But I like to point out that if you are using the so called "waterless" wash with soapy water then doesn't that kinda defeat the purpose of it being "waterless"?

You might as well just get a standard 2 in 1 wash & wax from your local auto store & just use that (or just use a standard car wash then spray wax) and you will probably save money too...

kind of yes and kind of no...

half a bucket of soapy water will wash the grime and dirt of, but it leaves watermarks and that is where the wax in a can does its job...

As for saving money i bought 4 cans for 70$ well over a year ago i have 2 cars i wash regularly and still have 2.5 cans left so thats not bad value really...

Spray wax will cost you just as much if not more....

Its not the greatest stuff on earth by a long shot, but its not that bad either and it does work great on wheels, you wax them and in a month or so you can pressure wash it the brake dust just falls off..

I actually just used some today, but on my headlights.

I got some cut & polish to clean my headlights, then finished off with a coat of FW1, is that bad?.... Because it does look good lol.

Also, I only use it for my windows and some interior bits now..... Since all you guys are saying its the worst thing ever lol.

img0182ju.jpg