My R33 Gtr

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

the gtr is going again. :)

i went and finished the wiring and fuel pump setup on monday night. its a bit neater than how it was oringinally done

started first turn of the key, it now runs alot smoother with the Vipec compared to the power FC.

sorry for hijacking your thread marty :D

drags satday night..... i can wire in my wideband for a quick road tune :P

will definately turn some heads on thursday :)

Car went in today for tuning, having a few little dramas with boost control over 6000rpm but pretty sure we have sorted out that issue and should be all finalled and back on the streets tomorrow :(

This thing has been close to being lit on fire its not funny. Changing the wastegate location to a traditional set up and a few other tweaks aswell and hopefully get it all tuned nicely

hey Marty, Whats the rear housing mounted wastegate causing you think?

thats alot of work to get it manifold mounted...... thought about talking to nytsky who runs the rear housing gate also?

Yea it will be a pain in the ass but we have tried everything i can think of atleast. dropped the screamer pipe off the gate, plumbed a new vac feed pretty much straight infront of the housing, went to bigger vac line 3/8th size, changed to a completely new waste gate and even went back to the .7 bar spring all with no luck. it would just go up to the spring pressure and then creep one or 2 psi then shoot straight up to 24psi

it has worked on alot of cars and mine in particular. its very strange that is is not working on martys car but im afraid that it is not the gate setup and this new effort is going to be in vain. having said that we have all been putting our heads to it trying to figure out wtf it could be. but when you go as far as changing to not only another gate but a different brand all together aswell as trying a few different boost signal sources and hose size, we kinda dont know where to go from there

Not really an option as there is barely room for the one wastegate. As stated by Adam just before why will it work on other cars and mine so far being the exception to the rule?

Its not like i am pushing huge boost or running a rediculous turbo set up, the whole reason i got this set up was the assurance from the manufacturer and also the mountain of people that have used this set up very effectively.

I am almost at the end of my patience with this thing and unfortunately no one seems to be able to pin point an issue that will cause this to be such an underwhelming product :P

Going by what i have seen around on the site here of other set ups on RB's mine is in a completely different spot.

My only option really is to revise the wastegate set up as getting a new rear housing and getting the manifold modded to suit is not really going to be time consuming.

If that doesn't work then the car will be brought back to standard set up

Your gate is in pretty much the same spot as mine and pedros. It's going to be a boost signal issue dude, being that it controls boost well till a certain rpm them spikes. It's just a matter of finding out the event that is causing this loss of controlled feed to the gate. I realize you have tried a couple of boost signal points but what if it's not at simple as the location. What I'd be doing is strapping it down on the dyno again and putting a boost gauge between your signal point and your gate so you can see realtime what the airflow / pressure to the gate diaphragm is doing. That way you can rule out an issue with your boost source and start looking back at the gate location / turbo it's self.

A little bit of progression. Paul was able to get onto Leigh at ETM and they discussed some further tests. The car will be back on the dyno tomorrow morning and the vac feed is going to be checked to see if it is sealed in the pipe ok and if that is not an issue then the gate will be removed all together to see if it a) runs no boost or b) the same events occur.

Hopefully its a simple issue of the vac feed just not sealing but we will soon see

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...