SAU Community

Pimp My Ride

This is my 1997 Nissan Skyline R33 GTS T Series 2

2jt84w.jpg

2w7ilbq.jpg

6ok0ti.jpg

Currently its pretty stock only modification to it is 18" rims and a 3 inch full exaust.

I want to change the look of the car.

Whether it be body kits, carbon fibre parts. window tint, lowering etc

As this is my first skyline and i am not a really car savvy any information you could provide would be appreciated i am willing to spend about 2 grand on it.

If you could provide the part name, cost, also i am located in perth so preferably want to buy it from perth not get it flown over.

Sorry if i have put this in the wrong section also i would love to see your r33 modifications that you reckon would suit my car

Also if you need any more information i will be watching this topic like a hawk so dont be afraid to ask.

Thanks for the time and consideration

get a carbon bonnet around 1000

lose the spolier and get a carbon drift style lip thing $???

and some 2nd hand ganaor mirrors in carbon around 500 ish

or

get some tein coilovers and drop it on its ass - $1500+

lose the spolier free

and maybe some sway bars around $480 ish

thats how id spend a sleazy couple a grand on a r33

2 grand budget...

coilovers. honestly?

that's ALL that i would do to that car.

actually - using the change from the coilovers - i would get blue work wheel nuts. they look FRESH. if you're chasing a more gnarly stance - maybe bolt on spacers for the rear.

joeyjoe is a drift tek propagandist i am a work wheel propagandist - i personally can't stand drift teks. he loves them... we're currently in talks with networks to get a sitcom made about us where we live together in a trendy apartment but argue all the time over what wheel is better. it's going to be a hit for sure..

you HAVE work VSXX in 18inch. they are better and worth a lot more than drift teks man! (my opinion)

coilovers cost between a grand - 1600 if you want new parts.

i would not use bodykits / carbon parts / plastic pretty bits. just get the things that matter.

coilovers to drop the height

work blue coloured wheel nuts to be a fly gangster.

that's it.

Your car was similar to what mine was when I first bought it. I was still in high school so my budget wasn't huge like yourself but there were a couple of things I did that in my opinion improved the look slightly:

Remove the rear GTS25T sticker - Free

Remove the weathershields on the windows - Free

Cut off the brackets underneath the rear number plate that dangle down - Free

Paint your brake calipers - $30-$50

Get some tint done - $300ish

Get some coilovers or lowered springs and shocks and lower it slightly - $1000-$2000

Realisticly thats about all you can do unless you wanted to change the bodykit or wheels to something diferent, but in my opinion the way your car looks now with the kit and wheels looks pretty good.

Or another thing you could do which would make the car look nicer and give you a good starting point performance wise is to fit a nice front mount intercooler. This was my favourite mod back in the day and made the car look a lot more aggressive from the front. (If you already have one then don't worry, I just couldn't see it in the pictures).

Edited by PM-R33

joeyjoe is a drift tek propagandist i am a work wheel propagandist - i personally can't stand drift teks. he loves them... we're currently in talks with networks to get a sitcom made about us where we live together in a trendy apartment but argue all the time over what wheel is better. it's going to be a hit for sure..

lol... i know jap rims are better mangs... i also have SSR professors :D