SAU Community

R33 Air/fuel

its meant to flick back and forth under light load when its in closed loop then hold on rich when you nail it. gets a little annoying when cruising around and it keeps moving....

its meant to flick back and forth under light load when its in closed loop then hold on rich when you nail it. gets a little annoying when cruising around and it keeps moving....

Im not 100% sure how skylines work lol but my xr6t stay at 13-14 all the time at idle, but still when he guns it it dose the same thing, just not as bad

just got myself one of them boost guage ones( same as in your photo) lol awsome little thing

there killa just a bit on the pricy side of the scale lol

Looks like it's doing exactly what it's supposed to - it's a narrow-band sensor - you cant expect much.

narrow-band sensor? whats that :)

Could it be a stuffed sensor?

haha yea i noticed ehy i thought i got mine at a nice discount first off talked ehm down from 200-150 then last minute said oh i have a 20% off card from entertainment so got it for 125. yeah im guessing your boost guage also goes from -18( my skyline ) and then a bit of throttle bam up to 1 and upwards

Seems a bit dumb to add when you're just gonna have to remove it whenever the popo sends you off to Regency :)

i duno y he dose it there in plain sight to, he has had the car for just over a year and its been through regency 4 or 5 times now, p plates + skyline = regency lol

haha yea i noticed ehy i thought i got mine at a nice discount first off talked ehm down from 200-150 then last minute said oh i have a 20% off card from entertainment so got it for 125. yeah im guessing your boost guage also goes from -18( my skyline ) and then a bit of throttle bam up to 1 and upwards

i got the entertainment 20% off thing to ahahah

i want them for my xr6 but got to fix the trans 1st

cmon tax money lol

haha hav u got the shitty 4speed which dies? my mates pushing 360rwkw on the 4speed its been due to blow for a few months now lol it crunchs and everything do u hav to do that shitty 2-3grand gearbox thing at all???

unless u have manny

haha hav u got the shitty 4speed which dies? my mates pushing 360rwkw on the 4speed its been due to blow for a few months now lol it crunchs and everything do u hav to do that shitty 2-3grand gearbox thing at all???

unless u have manny

yup good old 4 speed auto week as crap

its costing me $2500 to be rebuilt n beefed up and if i have the cash a 4 grand stally :)

cant wait

u know the percet zf 6speed auto goes for less than 2500 and can handle any power u put through it and changes faster than any manual. just a thought.

u should get some 3.7's diff gears or at max 3.9's they help fords like a mofo

u know the percet zf 6speed auto goes for less than 2500 and can handle any power u put through it and changes faster than any manual. just a thought.

u should get some 3.7's diff gears or at max 3.9's they help fords like a mofo

if i could i would put a zf in my car but its like a massive job and pricey job to....around 10 grand all up

u can pick up the unit its self if u wait around for 1grand and i think the ba's still had enough room to fit the bastard in so not alot of modding otherwise if its cut out for the tiny 4speed then yeah big job but it will make the ratio of your gearbox more competative whith those of holdens and what not( holdens and there 1stgear) 4speed has bad as ratio unless your boost comes on early u will need them diff gears or stally

you should speak to henrich performance and tunning cheap and does the best work he got my na 6 to beat stock ba xr6t's he only charges labour never on the part its self, and he dyno tunes everything until he thinks its perfect

hes at lonsdale btw

narrow-band sensor? whats that :)

Could it be a stuffed sensor?

Narrow band sensor is the normal O2 sensor that connects to the ecu. Any afr guage connected to it is just for show - to make it work properly you need a wide band sensor.

it's because you are watching a narrow band 02 sensor and the guage is referencing that

the stanard 02 sensor is is narrow which means slow and narrow, ie it only focuses around the 14.7 range and can't do anything meaningful outside that range

this is why it goes spazzo and is all over the place. the stock ecu uses this sensor as a "guide" only to save fuel and trim the inj during cruise (ie plodding along at 100km/h)

a wideband 02 sensor is a fast and wide sensor and can sweep all the way through quickly and show meaningful values

so to get your guage showing anything useful you need a wideband 02 sensor. the sensor itself is about $150 and is of no use, other than to tune your car with a standalone ECU and show true AF/R on a AF/R guage. ie you wont get any benefit if you have stock ECU

u can pick up the unit its self if u wait around for 1grand and i think the ba's still had enough room to fit the bastard in so not alot of modding otherwise if its cut out for the tiny 4speed then yeah big job but it will make the ratio of your gearbox more competative whith those of holdens and what not( holdens and there 1stgear) 4speed has bad as ratio unless your boost comes on early u will need them diff gears or stally

you should speak to henrich performance and tunning cheap and does the best work he got my na 6 to beat stock ba xr6t's he only charges labour never on the part its self, and he dyno tunes everything until he thinks its perfect

hes at lonsdale btw

thats who i go to bruce and he told me its to hard of a job becuase u got to change the looms ect lol