SAU Community

Jewellers

nuclear_skyline

I am looking at getting an engagement ring for the misses in in the near future and was wondering if any of the NSW crew either work at a Jewellers or have good experience with any in the Sydney region...???

Cheers Guys.

You might save some moolah and end up with a larger stone if you go with a 'manufacturing jeweller'.

The guy that made my diamond wedding ring and my wife's engagement ring is one such person.

If you'd like to contact him, his name is Lanman Cheong (Lanman's Fine Jewellery) 02-9542 3222 and tell him Terry sent you if you like.

He won a De Beer's Award once, in his heyday. He used to make rings for Bruce & Walsh.

He works from home these days and if you see him, he lives on a modest waterfront property at Prince Edward Dr Woronora

Hint:- you and your fiancee might take a pic of your favourite design in a store, grab details of the stone with specs on the 3x Cs (carat , colour, clarity) and go with a budget in mind to the manufacturing jeweller like above - and state that this is your limit; so "what can we get with that amount of money?"

Hope this helps...

Cheers Terry!

I have been thinking of doing this with a local jeweller. Problem is at the moment I dont know what I want apart from its meant to be a suprise for the misses...

I am really looking forward to meeting you at the 21st bday cruise!

One of my friends took his turbo to a jeweler and said make this for my wedding ring.

Its a perfect replica and the turbine wheel even spins lol

I think it was $1200 from memory. Ill try and get the name of the place that did it.

Highly recomend jordans jewelers in Sydney cbd on market st, i got my missues her ring there, it works out well that i know the people there, but the process is too easy they guide you through every step of the way and work with your budget to make a ring thats unique, i chose three ring designs and got them to make one from the parts that i liked, see either Joy or Ari and say that Eddie recomended you.

best of luck with it mate, my missus loved the ring.

One of my friends took his turbo to a jeweler and said make this for my wedding ring.

Its a perfect replica and the turbine wheel even spins lol

I think it was $1200 from memory. Ill try and get the name of the place that did it.

Wait what?! He has a miniture turbine on his wedding ring? Am I reading that right? lol

Wait what?! He has a miniture turbine on his wedding ring? Am I reading that right? lol

Yeah I did a double take (read) on that one too! THanks for all the input guys... I am most likely either going to head down the antique route or have one made like many have suggested... Now to continuesaving the pennies...