SAU Community

Auto Transmission Vibrate?

adey88

Hi all,

How does everybody find the auto trans in their S2?

I've noticed that under full load it vibrates a fair bit (especially in the midrange) and its not smooth as it used to be...Is this normal?

Shifts seem to be fine and it always selects the correct gear - Maybe a shift kit or service is in order? 90,000k and no idea when the last auto service was done...

Can anybody recommend a good auto trans place in sydney?

adrian

Shift kit and service will definitely sort that shit out :)

You'll be looking at around $500 for the shift kit.

Perhaps try changing your trans fluid in the meantime to see if that makes a noticable difference.

:)

I've been meaning to service the trans, once i find a decent trans shop nearby ill do it...

So a service would include flushing (opposed to draining) the fluid and new seals / filter??

Call Mike from MV Automatics here in Adelaide and ask him who he would recomend in your area and what one of his services includes....

Or you could buy the S2 box thats allready been shift kitted ect in the FS thread.

Call Mike from MV Automatics here in Adelaide and ask him who he would recomend in your area and what one of his services includes....

Or you could buy the S2 box thats allready been shift kitted ect in the FS thread.

I saw Chef_stagea has his for EOI but I'm sure it will be cheaper working with what Ive got rather than ship and fit a gearbox from SA....

Ill see what MV autos have to say...

cheers