SAU Community

HELP 33 wont start

ABuSD

i went to start my car yesterday and it wouldnt start, everything works ok it just wont kick over, its getting power and what not, but no luck! Also when my car was running i was having a bit of power loss and popping through 2nd and 3rd after about 5000rpm and slightly in between gear changes, i was told my Crank Angle Sensor could b stuffed. Any help would b greatly appreciated, as i couldnt b a mechanics @$$HOLE.

Cheers :D

How'd you get it started in the end? If its lack of power I would be pointing at the altenator, not recharging your batt, easy way to test is when the car is running you should be getting around 14.2V to the battery. That will rule out the alt, check the battery with a battery tester (hydrometer) and see if thats the problem, if not then see your mech.

What did the sparky do?

Take it back to basics - what are the reasons an engine won't start?

1. No fuel.

Are you sure the fuel pump is working? Working at 'switch to ON' (priming)? Working during cranking? Are the injectors opening?

2. No spark.

Are you sure the coilpacks are firing? Are the sparkplugs OK? Is the CAS connected properly and sending a signal to the ECU?

3. No compression.

Is the engine cranking evenly?

4. Worst case - you haven't broken the cambelt?

spark plugs ok, but i think its the actual coil packs themselves!

The sparky came over, went straight to the fuel lines b4 all else and disconnected it and got me to put ignition on while he washed my engine bay in petrol!! POF!

Its @ UPI now i bet my nutsacks ill be driving it this time 2moro!!

Ill let yas know what it was!

Problem is now u cant turn the alarm off to enter the override pin number, prolly gonna just rip it all out and get a new one, so i know what the deal with it is, the alarm i have now i got with the car!

LOL i know, were hoping immobiliser, but, when i was going thru the car myself, i noticed my vacuum hoses from the boost controller to the wastegate were cracked, apparently i was running too much boost and instead of making power i was losing?!?! Plus i think my plugs need to be gapped a bit more!

Cheers