SAU Community

Tune Apexi Safc With Z32 Afm

okey zero benefit >_< but is there any bad things from installing it? :D

yes your car will not run! it will require a complete retune, this is why there is NO POINT installing it. The only reason people install them is because they have maxed out the standard airflow meter with their turbo setup.

yes your car will not run! it will require a complete retune, this is why there is NO POINT installing it. The only reason people install them is because they have maxed out the standard airflow meter with their turbo setup.

well my car would run will run with the z32 just the settings in the safc that need changing but i have replaced it yet so :(

I have been out tuning the safc now with a friend and the difference is just sooo big! but my question is, right now the AFR is about 12-12.3 should i try to get it more close to 12.5 to get the optimal AFR?

My settings that i did right now is around -8%

And one more thing how do i tune the low throttle position? do i drive with half gas or what? :(

do you have the z32 afm installed or did u do the smart thing and left it stock?

wow -8 huh,, mine arnt that high haha.

low throttle will just be your cruise and idle

my settings besides -7 for idle is a range up up to -4 up to 4500 rpm.

remember that while your at cruise the computer will still show and try hard to stay at 14.7 afr in closed loop form. when you remove fuel from the low throttle the ecu will still compensate back to that number and it wont show what it actually is.

i just trimmed fuel back alittle as i drove and stopped once the car almost hesitated and went back one number.

try it and see.

can your wideband record a run or are you just reading the gauge as you drive :S

I have been out tuning the safc now with a friend and the difference is just sooo big! but my question is, right now the AFR is about 12-12.3 should i try to get it more close to 12.5 to get the optimal AFR?

My settings that i did right now is around -8%

And one more thing how do i tune the low throttle position? do i drive with half gas or what? ;)

-8 interesting

on low throttle I bet you don't have to trim anything back untill around 5500 to 7000 rpm

Again a complete stab in the dark but be interesting to see

Edited by jjskyline79

do you have the z32 afm installed or did u do the smart thing and left it stock?

wow -8 huh,, mine arnt that high haha.

low throttle will just be your cruise and idle

my settings besides -7 for idle is a range up up to -4 up to 4500 rpm.

remember that while your at cruise the computer will still show and try hard to stay at 14.7 afr in closed loop form. when you remove fuel from the low throttle the ecu will still compensate back to that number and it wont show what it actually is.

i just trimmed fuel back alittle as i drove and stopped once the car almost hesitated and went back one number.

try it and see.

can your wideband record a run or are you just reading the gauge as you drive :S

i did the "smart thing" :( yeah well thats how high mine was haha, so just accelerate slowly or one speed?

My wideband can record if you hook it upp to a computer but right now its me and my friend hehe he's looking at the gauge and im telling him the rpms :D works like a charm haha

Do i tune it alittle more? bcoz im closer to 12 then to 12.5, i want the car as optimal as possible :D

And just have to say thank you everybody for all the help!!!

leave it at 12. the extra power you would gain would not be worth the benifits of running it a little richer.

you should not have to touch the low throttle stuff, if you leave it at 0 the car will run like standard

you definitely shouldn't touch low throttle above 5000rpms,

i have mine leaned out a bit up to about 4500 for better fuel economy.

also i lied,, lol i just changed my intake back to stock with a highflow panel and redid a tune... im now up to -8 on some levels aswell

Edited by r33canada

you definitely shouldn't touch low throttle above 5000rpms,

i have mine leaned out a bit up to about 4500 for better fuel economy.

also i lied,, lol i just changed my intake back to stock with a highflow panel and redid a tune... im now up to -8 on some levels aswell

haha then its not just my car, you got me alittle scared there :blink:

My wideband can record if you hook it upp to a computer but right now its me and my friend hehe he's looking at the gauge and im telling him the rpms :blink: works like a charm haha

that is dodgy as hell, hook a computer up and graph AFRs to rpm. You will be able to get a much much smoother power delivery if you do that.

mine was really fricken long,,mine is bundled together near the cabin inlet hole where i shoved it though. i can take a pic of where my plug sits if you want.

its strapped near by there haha

mine was really fricken long,,mine is bundled together near the cabin inlet hole where i shoved it though. i can take a pic of where my plug sits if you want.

its strapped near by there haha

my cable from the sensor is like 10 cm long so it has to be under the car :S i was thinking of making to holes under the car and put it there

Just make a massive lead and bring it in via one of the grommets in the engine bay. You could always drill a hole in the floor pan and put another grommet there, but that is a bit messy.