SAU Community

No Choice, Have To Change Engines, Rb20 To 25 Please Help

You are supposed to replace the clutch too?

How is the Nismo fuel pump?

yes if it is standard and i imagine the nismo one is expensive and not much better

Edited by Rolls

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CAS is Crank Angle Sensor and TPS is Throttle Position Sensor.

The engine won't operate correctly with the stock ecu... you will need to re-tune the stock ecu or use a piggy back etc.

I use a simple rpm window switch sold by JEGS in the US to controll the VCT.

Change the fuel pump.... by now it's at least 15 years old if it's the origional. You should be able to find a suitable drop in replacment from nismo etc... or even a low km GTR pump.

If you do go ahead with the swap, double whatever budget you work out... trust me. Also, before you install the new engine get it checked (you don't want to go through all this just to find out it's a dud) and replace ALL the service items- belts, timing belt/idler bearing, clutch etc... I'd also advise replacing the water pump and oil pump for a N1 pump with a crank collar if your going to modify the new engine.

The rb20 gearbox won't put up with alot of torque and abuse... go with the rb25 box.

Cheers

Justin

What is a crank collar and why change the clutch?

Speak to a mechanic that can do all of this stuff for you, you are just going to end up shit creek if you have to come ask here about every single item all the time.

I like learning about things so that I will know what is going on.