SAU Community

Repairing my car's bumber

hey, I just have question on how to repair my Merc's bumber, it's been recently crashed into a commodore early in the morning.

My uncles told me I can't get it fixed, but I believed I can fix it, since the bumber is only pure fibreglass plastic. I went to an auto shop today, saw some fibre glass repair kit, saw some paint I needed and it all cost under $50 to get. and to get it replaced it will cost like $1107 new, I asked Merc. and will be like $500 for second hand. and with the labour cost it will cost upto $1500 or more... The problem is, I wonder how to take the bumber off the car, I don't think I can do it myself. So give some suggestion here.... I have insurance but the excess is around $1500 and my parents gets mad coz insurance will go up for them too. to $1000 each person if I used it

here is some pictures

mycar1.jpgmycar2.jpg

mycar3.jpgmycar4.jpg

if anyone is very good at fixing this, I might pay you like $100 or $200 to help me out. :worship:

There is a subtle difference between "plastic" and fibreglass..... good luck with your $50 fibreglass repair kit.

listen to ylwgtr2....or perhaps trade it on a late 80's Falcon