SAU Community

getting more than 340rwkw

Nismo_Boy

Here is a plan....

Why do you want 350rwkw, yeh I know you want more power than that other guy but in my mind I would rather have a car with less power that was faster?????

There is nothing worse than beign beaten by something with less power. Take for example my mate in his 180sx...

180@190rwhp = 13.2sec 1/4

R32 @282rwhp = 13.7sec 1/4

I couldn't believe it when he beat me, I have spent heaps more, have more power and yet he beat me.....I don't car cause he's a good friend and I helped him build his car but yousee what I mean. Why not build a car with say 250rwkw (Easy) which will drive better and still be faster than the other one.

Just my 2c worth

Easy...one is setup better....has better mid-range or full range power. Perhaps one has a better matched turbo. My friends S13 with Rb20det and very large turbo and more power than mine is still slower than me cause it has too much lag and its power isn't useable.

Sure, if his is perfectly setup then you have no hope but as less powr is cheaper to build then why not give it a go first.

Originally posted by BOOSTMEISTER

Sorry I am not familiar with your methods of releaving frustration.

But I do know what you mean by saying you have lots of power, just hope the guy in the lane next to you doesn't beat you with less power after you tell him how powrful your car is:D

now that would suck a55

Guest nismogtsx

Also note: You need to scroll down to my first posting to see

my mods..... Not the first posting, thats an R33....LOL

Also Note: (Above) The first "I" was surposted

to be "If". OK

Thanks

Originally posted by Nismo_Boy

true, but I guess it's the wank factor coming in, you know when some ones asks how power your car has, and you can tell them "340rwkws"......you know what I mean.

Hang a picture of a Keith Black funny car engine in your engine bay, then you can say you have 4000+HP under the bonnet without telling lies.

Also when a car with less quoted HP kicks your ass, there is no come back for that!

(you just gor beaten by a morris minor cause you couldn't get traction).

Oh yeah well I've got 340rwkw!

Also keep in mind, anyone can pull a good dyno figure, just find the highest reading dyno around and roll it up. Here in Perth I've seen 40 rear wheel HP difference's on the same car but different dyno's. The only way you can seriously compare dyno figures is if both cars are run on the same dyno same day.

Rob