SAU Community

Headlight Repairs/cleaning

Iron Chef

I've got a customer with an R33 GT-R series 3 that has a xenon headlight unit with condensation/water inside it - who in SA would be good to send it to for cleaning/repair/reseal? Anyone here done it before?

For obvious reasons, he doesn't want to have to replace the whole unit...

Edited by Iron Chef

Place in oven. Low temp just to losen the glue, pry open clean all u need. Take lenses to crash shop, get them to clear coat them, then use sika-flex to glue back together :)

this.

you can also use a heat gun or even a decent hair dryer if youre sketchy about the oven bit.

use 800-1000-1500-2000 grit paper in that order wet and dry to sand them down very fine. then take em to a paint shop and get a 2 pack clear coat done on em.

sikaflex or any silicone to seal em.

hey Mate,i had same problem as your friend got it,regarding ugly looking headlight's.i read number's of post in here about "how to restore headlight's" i found so many usefull things in them.

But never got courage to send my car's headlight's,one day i was in Repco in port adelaide area.And i found headlight restoration kit on spacial,i think it was $50 but i got them $35 as i remember.

i just follow the instruction,yeah i send my car's headlight and they are looks brand new.

kit called "headlight restoration kit" and made in USA company name Invision..check it out mate,wont disappoint ya.

hey one more thing,they gave me couple of small send papers(wet and dry),that was not enough so i bought couple of them from MITER10,(wet and dry send papers,400,600,800,1000,1500,2000)and send my car's headlight's properly and then follow the instructions and all good..

hope this will save your time and help you..

hey Mate,i had same problem as your friend got it,regarding ugly looking headlight's.i read number's of post in here about "how to restore headlight's" i found so many usefull things in them.

But never got courage to sand my car's headlight's,one day i was in Repco in port adelaide area.And i found headlight restoration kit on spacial,i think it was $50 but i got them $35 as i remember.

i just follow the instruction,yeah i sand my car's headlight and they are looks brand new.

kit called "headlight restoration kit" and made in USA company name Invision..check it out mate,wont disappoint ya.

hey one more thing,they gave me couple of small sand papers(wet and dry),that was not enough so i bought couple of them from MITER10,(wet and dry sand papers,400,600,800,1000,1500,2000)and sand my car's headlight's properly and then follow the instructions and all good..

hope this will save your time and help you..

Place in oven. Low temp just to losen the glue, pry open clean all u need. Take lenses to crash shop, get them to clear coat them, then use sika-flex to glue back together :thumbsup:

do you wanna clean my lights lukey???

You can get a headlight restore kit from any of your friendly motor traders stores to do the outside of your faded, hazed headlights.... part number HRK01... which can be had for a trade price of $40.88+gst :)