SAU Community

Turning Off Vdc

Anyone know officially how many seconds we need to press the VDC button before it completely turns off?

Here's what I've heard:

1 quick press: Turns off VDC until your speed reaches 60kph, where VDC is automatically turned back on by the computer.

3-5 second press: Turns off VDC completely... However, I was at a track day recently and it yes it was completely turned off but when I spun out (without stalling the car), it turned back on and I couldnt turn it off. Had to turn the car off & on before it would let me play with it again.

10 seconds or more: The VDC light on the dash board disappears completely. I lost functionality of the VDC button. (Again I had to turn the car off & on before it would let me play with it again.) However, testing this option, I launched hard & got some wheel spin & VDC kicked in.

Hope someone can clarify this for me. Cheers.

When you hold it down and turn it off you have about 30sec i think and it will come back on.

If you spin your wheels before then it should stay off.

Give it ago :O

Thanks mate. But are you talking about holding for 3-5 seconds or hold for 10 secs or more until the VDC light on dash turns off?

And as fun as the thought doing a burn out everytime you want VDC completely off, no offonce, but its hard for me to believe... but I will try anyways for fun. :huh:

Weird, cos once I flick mine off, I don't notice it at all ?

There's two stages to the OFF button I think. First is temp off where VDC will cut in if you start to get seriously "out of shape" not if you just break traction.

stage two is Completely off where you have to hold the button in longer (or something along those lines). Either way the VDC comes back on after a restart.

You'll need the module linked above if you want to have it remain off all the time

Edited by mosoto

In the owners manual:

The VDC system uses an Active Brake Limited Slip (ABLS) function to improve vehicle traction. The ABLS system works when one of the driving wheels is spinning on a slippery surface. The ABLS system brakes the spinning wheel, which distributes the driving power to the other drive wheel. If the vehicle is operated with the VDC system turned off, all VDC system and TCS functions will be turned off. The ABLS system and ABS will still operate with the VDC system off. If the ABLS system or ABS is activated, the SLIP indicator light will blink and you may hear a clunk noise and/or feel a pulsation in the brake pedal. This is normal and is not an indication of a malfunction.

Edited by mosoto

I have to disagree with the comments here.

One quick push, and VDC is properly off. At least on my car. Have done two skid pan days and a beginners drift day and never felt VDC doing anything.

Interesting that mine is a timed press (10sec) and not just a quick press, albeit that I've only used it once at a DT day. It's possible I already have the KP technologies FM20 module installed.

Im wondering if the people that think that pushing the factory button kills everything totally have really wide rims and tyres on the back of their cars?

Because you likely wont notice much difference if you have a set of 265 or larger tyres in the dry. Thats what i found on my gt-8 going from stock 215's which will light up the slip light quite easily to 265's you really have to be pushing on to get anything to happen with those.

With the switch on the g sensor you are gauranteed nothing is going to cut in and stop your fun.

I just put a single pole switch and rigged it up to switch power on the orange wire (12v) on the g sensor under the arm rest as stated on g35driver forums. Works good.

As per 1st link for those who don't want to search.

VDC annoyed me so much on the weekend...

More than twice I wanted to quickly make a left turn into a main road with flowing traffic... of course you want to accelerate quick so that you can quickly match the speed of the traffic so not to cause an accident. So that's what I did. Just enough throttle to give me a good launch but not enough to do a burn out. But VDC thought it knew better and stopped me from accelerating. Outcome... A few pissed off motorists beeping their heads off at me. I know its designed to save lives but in that situation, it could well cause an accident instead of prevent one. I wished it wasn't so sentive.

VDC annoyed me so much on the weekend...

More than twice I wanted to quickly make a left turn into a main road with flowing traffic... of course you want to accelerate quick so that you can quickly match the speed of the traffic so not to cause an accident. So that's what I did. Just enough throttle to give me a good launch but not enough to do a burn out. But VDC thought it knew better and stopped me from accelerating. Outcome... A few pissed off motorists beeping their heads off at me. I know its designed to save lives but in that situation, it could well cause an accident instead of prevent one. I wished it wasn't so sentive.

This is one of the reasons I just spent a fair bit of dosh on a LSD

no more trying to take off quick @ the lights or at a intersection to avoid traffic only to get slowed down to a crawl and sometimes be in a dangerous situation... iv actually been pushing the VDC button when I know I have to take off quick for this reason