SAU Community

Neon Lights

Ericjayrol

First thing, I know you probably read the title and said "time to go tell some noob he's gay!"

Please don't, Im 18 and im going through the phase where I like the idea of interior neons, not over the top, but i do like a little illumination.

I used to have neons on my old Laser, but they were the ones that use cig lighter adapters, I don't like that idea and I don't wanna ruin my completely factory standard Skyline by hard wiring.

Anybody know of any ideas for interior illumination with a battery supply? Like a light with its own battery that I can replace that will just stick somewhere inside the cabin, LED or neon, i don't mind, but I want it to be self sufficient, so there's no running cabling to ruin my skyline's clean look if I decide to take it out.

Any help appreciated.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey mate,

I have 2 blue L.E.D neons under either side of my dash, They look really good, nice touch to the car,

What i did, is a run a power wire from the positive terminal of the batter, and install a switch in your car, and connect it all up,

My battery has never drained,

But last week i changed it to this:

i got the power wire and connected it to my Speedo lights dimmer, now it comes on with my lights, but its still connected to the switch, so i can still turn it off or on whenever i want too,

I have blue dash lights, Number plate lights, neons, so it all looks matched :/

heres a picture, not mine, but very similar, Looks nice. When you buy them, cut of the cigarette charger part

Good luck :P

post-71479-1285588185_thumb.jpg

you got a accessories running from the back of ur ciggi lighter its a orange wire on the 33's not sure about ur 34, wire it to that so when you turn ur car on they come on make sure you dont cut the transformer off the neons as you will f**k them up... i got 2 black light neons running under my dash similar to the blue ones in the pic posted they illuminate white products and look unreal

:/ up for the neons chicks love them!

didnt realize you guys write the rules on what people can do to there car !!! best you write a thred on what we can and can do to our car so that at the next meet i dont upset you with an unacceptable mod !!! call me gay and you might loose a few teeth !!!.

i have neons !!! and there not for the rice factor i have a 9 year old brother and my wifes frind has 3 kids under 11 and they love it (the youngest sees a skyline and instantly yells out "loooook its bryan" , we all do things for different reasons and tastes dont hate on people because there different thats why theres so much violence and racism in this country because if we all dont love justin beber like you fags then we must be gay !!!!