SAU Community

R32 Gts 4 Coupe Upgrade

I see what you are doing. once suggestion I would make with that auto though is a SERIOUS trans cooler for it. if that box is anything like a subaru box (both are jatco) then a rebuild on it is over $4k.

Currently, the engine guy doesn't think the auto will last behind it. The transmission is going to Paul from KEAS, who seems to really know his stuff. Yes I agree with the trans cooler.

• 2 months later...

The bill for the Hypertune one off plenum, fuel rail, (plannning ID2000 injectors), and 90mm throttle body, was solid, got to pay the bill for the street head port as well at the end of last months other bills....solid accounts. This months is bite the bullet with the oil pump. I'm initially trying Nismo, non N1 pump with hardened steel gears (not an N1). Using the N1 water pump. Gaskets are a mix of factory Nissan, but using the Tomei RB25 det head gasket.

Edited by WHITE gtt

• 4 weeks later...

Seeing if I can improve this thread with some pics. The GTS4. Low res low focus phone pics at this stage, bear with me. post-42767-0-10692900-1307506533_thumb.jpg

Edited by WHITE gtt

• 2 weeks later...

The engine assembly continues. Hypertune plenum and 6 Boost manifold are pleasing products to look at. Hypertune plenum needs fettling for VVT.Got some compliments on the 6 boost twin scroll manifold, with twin scroll turbo combo.

post-42767-0-59804500-1308730142_thumb.jpg

post-42767-0-03740200-1308730169_thumb.jpg

post-42767-0-30672900-1308730199_thumb.jpg

Edited by WHITE gtt

this is a pretty sweet project man. :thumbsup:

What are the plans for it? daily, weekender or track warrior?

At the moment weekender. The build has taken long enough to forget why. I have a Magna and an Audi for daily duties. I had wanted to drag it, but feel less inclined.

more info on the Hypertune plenum pls :)

I guess I wanted one, they look bespoke. They are individual order for rb25det over rb26. I copped a serve from the manifold guy that it will spool later than a Plazmaman plenum. I haven't seen a comparo, There's a thread on Greddy vs Plasmaman. I just wanted one but the other factor was getting the throttle body, and fuel rail as one package. However it's coming off for adjustments so the VVT will work, something that concretely affects spool. The HKS Step 1 cams were chosen to retain VVT.

• 2 weeks later...

The transmission choice has been difficult. I wish there was something 3 speed and simple in all wheel drive like C4 ford. Instead the powerglide is available in awd, seen a one off TH400 on Calais turbo. As well Like most people I want some communication at decision time. The plan at the moment is re403a from the 300zx turbo, which has larger components than the re401a in the car, and mating that to the awd housing. The job's going to MV automatics, thanks to communication about the job etc. Other trans builders are yet to get back to me......

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...

The panel beater is always big and critical part of a build. I've been satisfied with the one I've chosen. The pics show how far I've had the car stripped back, which is far enough to respray the engine bay to the matching final colour. And that it's a glass out windows out job.

post-42767-0-74835000-1347795326_thumb.jpg

post-42767-0-08134900-1347795377_thumb.jpg

post-42767-0-65840500-1347795418_thumb.jpg

The other aspect is the decision to "wide body" in many ways subtle is better and I'm and admirer of Chris Rogers restoration GTS4 for that reason. I have wanted to wide body my GTS4 for wide rubber clearance. I went with fibreglass rear quarters and GTR fenders, over going all GTR and stiching in GTR quarters. The plesant surprise is that for an old GTS4 there is very little significant corrosion as many of these were used in mud and snow parts of Japan, while mine has been looking soild structurally.

post-42767-0-70694900-1347795940_thumb.jpg

There are the "dark nights of the soul feelings" that having been stripped back so far, is it just a pile of rubble now or will it come together mostly to plan.

post-42767-0-81684700-1347796344_thumb.jpg

post-42767-0-15598100-1347796373_thumb.jpg

Edited by DR 32R

Having paid MV automatics, the trans 3k stall etc etc, was lost for a while and found again, causing just a small shortening of my life while MV automatics have tracked it down. Hope I see it in the flesh soon.