SAU Community

R32 Gts4 - Restoration/rebuild

even the GTT isnt far off. i have a pair here that are destined for my better halfs VW. have been thinking about bolting them into my 33 (34 seats are a tad bigger), but they do require a small amount of works.

• Like 1

got these today.

292711_2389842868722_1330376598_32887515_1116498_n.jpg

R32 GTR I'cooler piping and BOVs. I already have the brackets to mount this stuff. the rear mudflaps and fuse panel cover were an extra bonus.

now to work out what I am missing. I still need a GTR air box and BOV return pipe.

• 2 weeks later...

i have just finished reading this, chris mate, this is awesome, i honestly cannot wait to see this in person when you have finished everything, everything is so well thought out and planned, words escape me as to how awesome this build is.

finally spent a bit more time doing small things. drivers door harness has been rebuilt to take a factory door actuator instead of a aftermarket gun type so it will be a bit more reliable.

when I got all the GTR bits off whizzn they came with a GTR key. all the locks went to HA Reed Locksmiths in Albion today to get recoded and a spare key made. should have them back in a few days and that will fix the worn locks as well.

probably going to spend sunday doing another harness.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be dropping off an airbox with some other stuff next week Chris, run out of time today

Only problem with it is that someone in Japan grinded half of the bottom bit away for extra cooling lol but top halfs alright :whistling:

started working on the engine harnesses tonight. that should take a week or so on mucking around and it will be done. my goal is to be able to fire relays with a diagnostic computer attached. if I can do that then the car should run once the engine goes in.