SAU Community

R32 Gts4 - Restoration/rebuild

• 4 weeks later...

Yes but this is a full on resto. Very little expensive spared on it over the past few years. Still a lot of small things to buy.

I have 15-20k in parts alone sitting on a shelf in boxes. All new.

Show us yours.

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered some more interior trim today. This is another 4 figure sum in NOS parts.

Nissan still make the interior panels on demand. Good for now so I am getting a set before They go NLA.

Ordered some more interior trim today. This is another 4 figure sum in NOS parts.

Nissan still make the interior panels on demand. Good for now so I am getting a set before They go NLA.

Which bits?

Door and rear panels. I have a decent secondhand set here as well. $2.3k for all 4 items. Door panels are fully dressed and ready to fit.

Small hardware is SUPPOSED to be with them. Unsure at this point. Going to replace the hinges as well. Yet to check those.

Once these land I am going to do more internal trim. I have most of this already but need a few more bits still.

One thing I still need to check is the boot seal and its availability .

Build looks amazing, can't wait to see this finished.

I haven't read every page so I'm sorry if its already been asked, but what are your plans for the car once finished? Are you doing a basic full resto or are you adding performance bits along the way?

• 2 weeks later...

Just went from start to end of this thread, amazing attention to detail (pics don't work but i'm assuming from your later comments it's a security thing :)) - thanks for all the documentation effort you've gone to.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

trim stuff arrived a few days back. ordered a new set of front indicators for it locally on friday. should be here in a few days.

spoke to CDR paint and panel (local club sponsor) about reassembling the body. roughly $11k to do it. I 'm not holding them to it as there is a fair bit to do that they did not see from the images. waiting on a few things to fall in place at the shop before I commit to that amount of money.