SAU Community

R32 Gts4 - Restoration/rebuild

• 3 weeks later...

I got a bit of a surprise when I picked up the front indicators today. seems mine were swapped at some point. the ORIGINAL ones were clear with amber repeater. $375 for the set.

ordered a full set of door hinges today as well $110 for all of them.

trim due in a week or so.

• 2 weeks later...

question, do any of these parts make it onto the car at the moment or are you acquiring everything before tearing in? Lots of box shots but don't see anything fitted? Surely that'd drive you crazy with anticipation...

Nope all in boxes. Getting everything I need first then doing the body and assembly.

Doesn't drive me crazy . I know what I am building no need to mock up tear down and damage things. I have $15k worth of bits sitting in boxes already.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Top door seals and channels are here. $1100 in bits. All NOS. ordered front/rear window trim and the front mesh for the intercooler.

Spend some time on it today getting all the electrics off the rear cradle. Prepping that for a full strip/paint and rebuild. I bought bearings for it a few years back so those will go in and new bushes. Undecided on type but nolethane seems to be the popular choice.

The rear hicas rack will also cop a rebuild.