SAU Community

should I swap from wrx to r33 gtst

I have a 2000 wrx and Its not really me. I was thinking of getting a r33 gts as I would rather rear wheel drive, Any advice on what probems to look for and also how modified would it have to be to be quicker than my wrx.Its got the usual mods( exhaust,upped boost,bigger turbo,chip) about 180Kw ATW, any advice would be great,thanhs

why is it not you?

a 33 gtst is an amazing car to drive, that being said i havnt driven a rexie and i do love the burble of the boxer.

the pro's and cons cancel each other out most of the time, do a search for one of the many gtst v wrx threads and there should be plenty of info for ya.

also a search for problems to look for with a 2nd hand 33 will be a wealth of information, there was a article in HPI a couple of issues back too

happy decision making :rofl:

The boxer 'burble' is sweet as, though nothing (IMO, that is) beats the sound of an APEXi N1 (even silenced) on an RB.

With the sale of the WRX, you could probably go an R33 GTS-25t with a few mods; a close to stock R34 25GT-t or a R32 GT-R. Try and drive at least the R33 to get a feel for it.

Guest RedLineGTR

it dosent take much to beat wrx's but thier launch is a bitch to try and catchup too if they get a good one. Both have thier pro's and con's test drive a r33gtst or whatever your keen on and see how you go.

Hey how is it going?

I am in the same boat as you! I currently have a MY98 WRX that i am trying to sell to get back into the seat of a skyline. Don't get me wrong the WRX is an awesome car but i understand what you mean when you said "I have a 2000 wrx and Its not really me"

Having owned both cars i find that there similarities are few, about the only one that comes to mind is they are both quick and similar priced. At this stage i would like to add that what i say is based on my own personal experience. Differences include the smoothness of the skyline to drive over the WRX, Skyline is RWD, WRX is AWD and therefore the way the car can be driven in different circumstances changes, the list goes on.

For me it bubbled down to - Skyline is RWD and therefor more fun to drive, it is smoother and looks better.

I would deffinately recommend the swap! (obviously depending of the condition of the skyline)

only problem with the gts-t is getting it to the point where it sounds like you're giving a good workout.. is kinda way past the limit :D rex is good because it redlines pretty low and you always feel like you're going really fast.