SAU Community

Hks Type-s Intercooler Enquiry

hks33

hey sau,

thinking about purchasing a HKS type-S 450hp core intercooler kit which is the bigger core out of the two from nengun performance just inquiring if its a straight fit onto a 96' series II R33 gtst the following link is the intercooler...http://www.nengun.com/hks/intercooler-kit-type-s

has anyone purchased one of these and what is the safe limit i should be able to wind my psi up with a electronic boost controller

regards chris

Safe limit, are we talking about a stock ECU? All front mounts, even jap kits aren't an exception to this rule, all require some sort of modification to the reo bar, and usually the bumper requires trimming too.

Safe limit, are we talking about a stock ECU? All front mounts, even jap kits aren't an exception to this rule, all require some sort of modification to the reo bar, and usually the bumper requires trimming too.

yeah just running oem ecu currently will i have to cut a hole in the chassis to also to run the piping through and relocate any engine components such as the washer bottle?

much appreciated chris

The Type S coolers are good things. Dont interrupt flow the to the radiator, not a huge pressure drop and cool really well. They normally plumb back through the inner guard

i was very impressed with the hi power catback exhaust i purchased that was HKS so in short words are you saying i wont have to make any holes in my chassis to feed the piping through just make some reo and bar modifications/adjustments :whistling:

regards chris