SAU Community

Attessa Fluids

pipster11

Well, after searching for a bit and not finding what i'm looking for i'm here

I foolishly added the nulon gearbox additive through the shifter and only read recently that if you do that it goes to the transfer case

So i need to flush that out asap!

Adding the fluid to the transfer case pushed up the level in the reservoir in the boot - normal?

Can u use Dextron 3 in the transfer case? or Does it have to be transmax z or matic-d/j?

tags for future ref: attessa atessa atesa awd 4wd transfer case fluid

Well, after searching for a bit and not finding what i'm looking for i'm here

I foolishly added the nulon gearbox additive through the shifter and only read recently that if you do that it goes to the transfer case

So i need to flush that out asap!

Adding the fluid to the transfer case pushed up the level in the reservoir in the boot - normal?

Can u use Dextron 3 in the transfer case? or Does it have to be transmax z or matic-d/j?

I have always used "any old auto trans fluid". No name in the stagea, transmax z in the race car.

The resoviour in the boot and the xfer case are not linked....so hopefully what you noticed is a co-incidence.

And yes, you should flush everything out of the xfer case!

will do

i'll see if my mate at autobarnzzz can do me some discount on some nulon syn stuff and might do the p/s at the same time

is there a walk through with pics for the transfer flush? if not, i shall take some