SAU Community

wheel aligement...?

THE OAK

hey guys,

r33 gtst with gtr rims...

Just had some new falkens fitted to my GTR rims the tyres are 235- 45 - 17's and a few tyre palces are saying that the rims are too wide (9 from memory) for those tyres? but a few guys have run them before so thats why i choose them..?

Now my second prob is that i went to 2 places and i cant get a wheel aligement b'coz i was told that the infer red sensors are hitting my front spoiler and i can only get a manual (going by eye sight ) aligement whihc is a waste of $45 i was told..?

Can anybody reccomand a place in the western sub's melbourne to visit? also if i dont get an aligement how long do you think my front new falkens will last?

hope yu guys can help

Cheers

I recently purchased Bridgy GIIIs in that size. The recommended rim width is 7.5 - 9.0 . So the Falkens would be similar. My rims are 7.5s, and the tyres look just right on them.

But, yeah, the tyres should be within spec on a 9.

Can't help you with an alignment place out west, since I'm out east.

my tyres are 235/45/17 (Dunlop DigiTyres) on ROH Fury 17"x9" and they fit perfectly and even fill out the guards a bit more... go to pedders in footscray and get a 4 wheel alignment (about $80), they do a good job...