SAU Community

The Thread That Shell Started.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not so fussed on the drive part given the stone chips I got last time I did a cotter cruise however would be nice to get all the cars together and catch up with everyone for an end of year BBQ.

Do people want a Saturday or a Sunday?

I'm in.. as long as it isnt on the weekend of 20-21Nov, 28-29Nov or 4-5Dec.. althought I might be able to make it if its on 4-5Dec. We could always do it on 27th 28th or 29th of Dec as they are all hols for me and most others.. I vote 28th Dec.. w00t cruise on bday :)

I also vote that we don't go towards Bungendore/Braidwood due to the increase five oh (I'm so gangsta!) activity due to summer and everyone else heading that way. If we can't find anywhere to cruise we should at least have a BBQ, if a location cannot be found we could have it at my house, that last couple large gatherings there were pretty successful

Edited by nerm

Yeah I can't do 4-5 Dec. I'm a better chance if it's a Sunday however if it's a Saturday it just depends which one and at what times.

Anything after Christmas is probably a no go for me as I'll have family shit to do.

We could just do a local cruise around Canberra, hope for a beautiful summers day. Start somewhere random (could just be Gravlia point), and finish at black mtn peninsula and have the bbq there. Or Weston Park?

5 Dec is "Chippas main street cruise"

http://www.chippasmainstreetcruz.com.au/

Ignore the fact that there's a VK on the cover. Although it is a sweet ride...

Chippa was a dear friend to me, and we hope to raise lots of money for the starlight foundation.

So everyone that wants to come to that please sign up and get amoungst it :)

So back to our own cruise.

I'd like to get out and have a bbq somewhere.

At the uriarra east reserve there's bbq's, the ones that manly men need to build fires in and get the plates hot. So that time of year they'll probably be out of action with some total fire ban rubbish...

Googong?? anyone been out that way?

In regards to the cruise part, I think if it's not the cotter, the only other place I can think of in ACT is Corin Forest. If you want to go further out, maybe out to Lake Burrinjuck, Lake George or the Coast.

There are a few nice BBQ area's around Lake Burley Griffin.

I like the idea of trashing Nim's place :)

Should just go to the Holy Grail in kingston... good music :P

Music may by good but the whole point of these gatherings is to talk to each other.. not yell over the top of the music