SAU Community

Is It Worth For Me To Keep The Skyline 1993 R33 Gtst For The Next Few Years?the Maintainances Cost Seems High...please Give Me Some Opinion~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys,

I just bought a Skyline R33 GTST 93 model. I bought it in a good price, however, when i go service check for my car, it estimately cost me like $2000 for the intial fixing cost. Mainly is the suspension and brake system. It is a 93 model, it makes sense that it cost so much in the maintain. I would like to know is it really worth to keep it for a long run? I just use my car for normal run. I really don't want to pay too much in maintainances after i pay that $2k for a major service. Any opinion guys??

Edited by bbb10241347

the costs would only be that high because there is something worn or damaged that needs replacing. general maintainance costs are no different to any other car. you just change the oil and the filter and replace any things that need replacing. most of your services shouldn't cost more than $100 if paying a workshop to do it. the only other expensive service is the 100,000km service where you need the timing belt replaced, but as i said, that is only done every 100,000kms.

might be worth finding out exactly they are doing for the $2000 to make sure you aren't getting ripped off.

Hey guys,

I just bought a Skyline R33 GTST 93 model. I bought it in a good price, however, when i go service check for my car, it estimately cost me like $2000 for the intial fixing cost. Mainly is the suspension and brake system. It is a 93 model, it makes sense that it cost so much in the maintain. I would like to know is it really worth to keep it for a long run? I just use my car for normal run. I really don't want to pay too much in maintainances after i pay that $2k for a major service. Any opinion guys??

Sell it and buy a push bike? hahaha... I'd keep mate, if you have waited a while to buy one, why sell it so soon? just look after it, and see how you go??

the costs would only be that high because there is something worn or damaged that needs replacing. general maintainance costs are no different to any other car. you just change the oil and the filter and replace any things that need replacing. most of your services shouldn't cost more than $100 if paying a workshop to do it. the only other expensive service is the 100,000km service where you need the timing belt replaced, but as i said, that is only done every 100,000kms.

might be worth finding out exactly they are doing for the $2000 to make sure you aren't getting ripped off.

since when do you post useful responses!

hahha

he is right though.

They charge me that much becoz they have to change the Front Arm Burshes (400), Outer Tie Rod End (150), Rear Shock (550), Front Brake pad and rotor (600), Coolant flush (120), Steering oil flush (100), Brake fluid flush (100), Fan belt change (180), Re-alignment (70)....Well,its like a really big service to the car....and i have ask many ppl opinion about it. It just cost too much to fix. But I mean, after i fix all this, there maybe other problems raise up. So, thinking of is it worth to keep it~

Get a list of what they want to fix and post it up here. That way we can help you out to see if its urgent or maybe you dont have to do it all right now.

550 to change 1 rear shock? That sounds excessively expensive pretty sure you can get a new shock for like 150 and install shouldnt be anywhere near 400

i'm guessing it was for both shocks, and the install on them is a bit of a pain. gotta pull the parcel shelf out.

Yea,price is similar to most of the place, I just check it. is it worth to pay off or just sell it...tht's wt i really want to know. If the 93 models car running ok with less maintainance after i fixing it. Tht will be great.

haha those prices are steep as, and half of them probably aren't even necessary. are those prices from a Nissan dealership or somewhere else - have you taken it to another place to get a second opinion?

once you get those issues out of the way then it shouldn't cost much to maintain. as i said, it's no different to any car really. cost wise it would be the same as a 97 model to maintain. it would also be pretty much the same as an 89. it would also be pretty close to how much it would cost to maintain a commodore or even a corolla.

pretty much everything you have had done won't need to be done again for quite a while. coolant will generally last 3 years, unless you drive a lot of kms every year. power steering won't need to be done again for quite a few years either. the steering and suspension and brake stuff should also last quite a few years now as well. all you should need to do now is just change the engine oil and oil filter every 5000km, which should cost you about $60, depending on the quality of oil you use. if you pay someone to do it then it will be up around $100. you may have other things that need replacing in time, but that comes down to the condition of the car, and is something that you could have to do in any car.

Thx for yout time typing this.After reading this. I feel a bit confident to keep it. Coz i used to have sport car around 97,98 and never have any problem. Just becoz this time i got a 93 model and feel a bit worry~lol~but yea, you are rite, I mean i use my car normally, shouldn't be any drama. And the GTS25T engine is pretty strong,don't they? :D

once you get those issues out of the way then it shouldn't cost much to maintain. as i said, it's no different to any car really. cost wise it would be the same as a 97 model to maintain. it would also be pretty much the same as an 89. it would also be pretty close to how much it would cost to maintain a commodore or even a corolla.

pretty much everything you have had done won't need to be done again for quite a while. coolant will generally last 3 years, unless you drive a lot of kms every year. power steering won't need to be done again for quite a few years either. the steering and suspension and brake stuff should also last quite a few years now as well. all you should need to do now is just change the engine oil and oil filter every 5000km, which should cost you about $60, depending on the quality of oil you use. if you pay someone to do it then it will be up around $100. you may have other things that need replacing in time, but that comes down to the condition of the car, and is something that you could have to do in any car.

Yea,price is similar to most of the place, I just check it. is it worth to pay off or just sell it...tht's wt i really want to know. If the 93 models car running ok with less maintainance after i fixing it. Tht will be great.

if you try and sell it you will loose quite a bit of money, as unless these problems are fixed, it wont pass a road worthy, and then you cant sell it registered, and no one will want to pay much for an unregistered skyline, especially with the state of the market these days