SAU Community

Stock Rb25 Looking For 400+ Whp Proof

Revspeed

:stupid:

124mph is what a full weight (1700kg+) R33 GTR will do with 330-350rwkw.

No way it was 500rwhp in a lighter body with 124mph

in america a dynojet the old one s like ours is standed...

if you run a dynodyamic like most of you guys it s not reliable (dyno will not read the same from shop to shop cause its adjustable)

and a dynopack is a hub dyno so it would read alot higher( also adjustable so its no consistance)

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who cares what the power really is. The dyno is there for tuning and upgrade comparisons, so long as you are using the same dyno everytime then you can see what changes net the best results. Most dynos in this country are probably dyno dynamics (though I could be wrong, not really sure) and they wouldnt be out by too much more then say 5-10% from eachother. Which in the grand scheme of things isnt really that much.

I can comment on the methanol helping make power safely and easily. It is amazing stuff, you can be around 15% too rich and it doesnt affect power production, it just runs alot cooler, if you run it too lean, it wont knock, it just usually melts pistons pretty quick.

We pumped out 590rwhp on the rb30det w/gt35r last week. Boost bled from 23psi down to 19psi (running on gate pressure only, no controller). When we setup the solenoid and get it to flatline boost to redline I suspect the power will grow a little over the 600rwhp mark. Which is going out of the realm of regular gt35r territory by a long shot.

I dont know why alot of other people dont run it, or atleast run it in a mix w/ 98pulp. I just cant express enough how magical it is. The only negative is you need a smaller less efficient radiator and oil cooler. Not very often you go backwards when running a turbo car in those two areas lol.

there are heaps of people here that are making that power on stock rb25's

why are you not capable of understanding this?

did you look at the dyno thread like we told you?

also a dynapac hub dyno can read higher, or it can read the same as a dyno dynamics etc, as there is a correction mode for this.

(also my previous motor lasted 3 very hard years at that level, but did die eventually)

Ye. They can last at over 400 for a while. But look at his many have broken at 300hp. Any number of things can go wrong

90% is bad tuning, or something breaking to cause the tune to go out, afm/fuel pump/injectors failing. If any of this goes at any power level it can kill a motor quite quickly.

My cousins bf ran his r33 with around 420rwhp on a stock internal rb25 for around a 1.5 yrs thrashing it at drift days before it blew. That was pretty good considering it did alot of street racing and skids also.

mmm..but if youre only running in the mid 120s then it isnt really making 500+ now is it

Exactly as we were saying :D

His "500rwhp" is like our 400rwhp - or there abouts.

So yes - in his terms 500rwhp is most certainly possible