SAU Community

Custom Windscreen Wipers?

johnnnnnyboi

hey guys a long time back i saw a guy with a honda crx or somethin like that and it was pretty nice, but he had like custom windscreen wipers like the top were a thick red and the bottom part was obviously black, but yeh they were cool, cant seem to find on ebay is there any store in w.a that sells things like these? maybe their at an auto store i just havent looked...

cheers.

• Nope 1

haha.. Nah, the problem is I'm not entirely sure the sort you are referring to, any pics off the net or links of the type you are looking for mate? I'm just imagining the kinda chunky looking ones and they can appear a little cheap that's all. End of the day though if you like the look it's your car buddy, I'm doing my rims pink at the moment and copping heaps of sh*t for it but I like the look and like to be different so meh..

Post a pic or link of the type you mean.

my previous explanantion of "no dont"

was pretty good (i thoguht)

but seeing as you want me to divulge...

*BREEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEE INNNNNNNNNN DEEEEEPPPP*

okay.

is this waht you're talking about???

Oktane.jpg

^^^

on WHAT PLANET... would they be "cool"???

if you like them - fair enough... some people like evian water, some people are happy with frantelle.

you can get them from shops in the city in the arcades that sell chinese things to asian people who put them on their hondas.

buttttt - i must tell you it is illegal to have anythign other than black wipers. i don't know why - it just is.

oh well if its illegal then dont worry about it.. haha next question i want to lower my car, is the only way to drop it to buy 2k coilovers? cant i buy like a set of springs at a certain height (non adjustable) and just put them on and they cost me like $600? like how does it work.. explain haha

itsme - WHO IS GIVING YOU SHIT.

I WANT NAMES.

pink will be the toughest thing OUT!!!!

i was speaking to aaron from import monster the other day, we were talking about jealousy and people giving shit for doing things different...

i said i'll never be happy until i have the following:

White Testarossa convertible.

Hawaiian shirt.

Rayban Wayfarers.

ITALIAN loafer sandles.

Chino cargo pants.

Big moustache

Blow dried hair

BLASTING journey / Europe's greatest hits.

middle finger to the haters.

ferrari_testarossa_2.jpg

HECK YEAH.

You can buy lowered springs such as King Springs that come in different heights (Lows, Super Lows etc).

You will need to buy a front and rear pair and than also buy new shocks that will work with the lowered springs. While some people will tell you to run lowered springs on the factory shocks, the truth of the matter is the factory shocks are old and will blow the seals after a short time with lowered springs. Which means you will be paying twice for labour installing the new shocks if you can't do it yourself.

Also don't cut your springs if some one suggests that.

03H7C344402037A.jpeg

THREAD NEEDS MOAR JERK CARS.

sorry.

okay. 2 grand worth of coilovers... that's for like, new...

you CAN buy $600 worth of springs.. nobody's stopping you from doing that.

but that's not the installed price. and you'll still have your butt arse 16 year old shock absorbers and your girlfriend / love interest WILL think you're a top bloke.

Aaron has THESE CLICK HERE in stock NOW with a 1 month warranty. HKS hipermax.

great cond.

$1450

^^will work out cheaper than springs - plus these are adjustable and stuff. tune it to your EXACT preference.

ps - should i even ask how you went in your Mock TEE? :P

Somebody should also mention that both custom windscreen wipers and lowering springs are both gayer than getting aids from Justin Beiber. That person may as well be me. I had a set of lowering springs, and the best use I found for them was using them as a coffee table. On the other hand, my Tien superstreets cost me 750 with installation and adjusted to whatever height I wanted.

haha awesome im a loooser, i just wanted to find out what your ops were and stuff ive never lowered or had a lowered car before but the way my car is at the moment i think personally it wud look better lowered, i havent got a body kit cause thats gay, stock look. Ill see what conclusion i come to, cheers guys

I saw this green VL complete with lebbo and green wipers...actually looked ok...

oh gawd what's wrong with me...*slap*

unless they wipe the screen better, I'd steer clear. At most you could just change the wiper refills to a coloured one, I've seen those at SCA.

^

I have them on my car.

Its the only wiper blades I've used that didn't go all shit on me within like 3 month unlike all my old wiper blades (BOSCH Eco ones & a bunch of other generic China ones...)

Edited by Mayuri Krab

i had them on my cefiro...

i.. honestly.. just.. didn't like em. they looked wierd.. like.. too simple.. and they didn't perform that great - as mayuri said - they don't go to SHIT within 3 months - but they definitely don't stay "new" either..

and for how much you pay for them - i just think it's better to get the nice simple bosch eco blades ... AND REPLACE THEM

it's the same as my teflon frying pan theory - you can spend 500 bucks on a teflon pan - teflon will STILL breakdown eventually.. so just pay $60 for one from ikea.. ue it for about a year or 18 months - chuck it in the bin and get a new one.

don't spend 5 years holding onto a piece of shit "just because" you paid heaps of money for it