SAU Community

Building A Head (25/26)

carpark

the car will run with out VCT will just be a bit doughy down low, if you want the GTR plenum then you will need the RB26 fuel rail and injectors to suit, if you use the GReddy plenum then either the standard RB25DE or RB26 rail will work but the topfeed RB26 injectors will need collars made up to fit.

You can modify the 25 injectors and use them

Why does every thread in the NA section have somebody repeat for the millionth time how NA's are not value for money and that a turbo will make far more power for less money. Everybody knows this and are really sick of reading about turbos in the NA section.

People post in the NA section for a reason. If your answer to every question is to turbo and not waste your money with NA's maybe you're in the wrong section.

Have a cry mate.

We say it BECAUSE Every thread in here is the same old story i.e Im on my P's I want to go fast but cant have a turbo

We are trying to help people not waste thousands of $$ for a handful of horsepower

It's been said too many times. Nobody cares. If your answer is turbo then really your help is not wanted.

"We are trying to help people not waste thousands of $$ for a handful of horsepower"

There are many reasons people would want to NA over turbo. Not everyone wants 600hp. NA's sound cool, they have old school appeal, they 'fit' better in certain cars, they can be easier to modify without being too obvious (sometimes). Those are just a few reasons.

Honestly why are you here anyway, you have 2 toyotas and believe turbos are the answer to every problem. Yet here you are as always patrolling the NA skyline section.

It's been said too many times. Nobody cares. If your answer is turbo then really your help is not wanted.

"We are trying to help people not waste thousands of $$ for a handful of horsepower"

There are many reasons people would want to NA over turbo. Not everyone wants 600hp. NA's sound cool, they have old school appeal, they 'fit' better in certain cars, they can be easier to modify without being too obvious (sometimes). Those are just a few reasons.

Honestly why are you here anyway, you have 2 toyotas and believe turbos are the answer to every problem. Yet here you are as always patrolling the NA skyline section.

Yep I have two toyotas...so fkn what!

I love NA engines, but an NA RB in a R33 is just fkn stupid when there is a factory turbo option.....If you pull your head out of your ass and look up a few posts you will see I gave advice on what I would do if I was going to build an NA RB25..

SO STFU do some reading and you might learn something.

I did read that and yes you do often give some useful info, but not before you spin the same old turbo crap that this NA section is full of.

Please don't patronise me mate.

Give NA advice but leave the turbo crap in the turbo section.

For the record I have both a turbo and an NA.

sounds like you've been driving the NA too much :)

at the end of the day with NAs you can spend 20k on the motor and make all of 10-15hp, its just not worth it for anyone with any sanity. that link i posted on the first page (for those that can view it) is a perfect example, hes spent over 20k on a 30DE and makes about 25kw more than a 30E with an exhaust

best thing P platers can do is save up all their money and wait until they're off P's

You can spend 20k on anything and get poor results if you make bad decisions. 20k on an NA RB should easily be around if not over 300hp.

The point is this is not a turbo vz NA thread. It's an NA thread in the NA section. Stop talking about turbos in it.

And Jonno yes I have been driving the NA far too much and for far too long, lol, turbos are money pits too.

Sensible decisions are left at the door when you are into modified cars. My advice is waste your money making your NA go faster, have fun and learn lots. Then when you're finished your P's sell it at a loss and waste your money on a turbo.

Yes thank you rb26zed

Im not looking for people trying to convince me turbos are a cheaper way of more performance.

i know that this is true, but i dont want a turbo or i would of made a thread in the how to turbo a N/A section?

commodore or falcoon? its not all about power the main reason everyone buys a skyline is handling and brakes.

so when u can get a VN with cut springs that are zip tyed in to handle like a 33 with coilovers and a camber kit send me a PM

I love what you are thinking about doing. Personally I would use an rb30 bottom end with 25de pistons it will pump the compression up and they will be very cheap if you have to pay for them at all.

use the stock rb30 oil pump just make sure its ok, a quick inspection will fix that.

Bolt the rb26 head on you have about 10.5:1 now

use the itb,s for that look so cool factor and the lovely noise they will make.

Your going to have to fork for some decent cams to help it pick up the mid to top end range. As long as you dont rev it to hard this engine will be reliable and go very well.

You will not be able to run it off a 26 ecu but if you get an de-jetro power fc it should do it just fine.

get a set of rb30 headers and cut the flange off you will be able to weld an rb26 flange on there the port spacing is the same and away you go.

It will be an awesome project dont let people convince you other wise. Sure its not going to be as fast as a boosted engine but it will be way cooler for sure and the sound will make up for it