SAU Community

Vertical Hydro Handbrake

samstain

Been a bit slow in this thread lately... so thought I'd stick up some pic's of the hydro handbrake I have been making after work this week. It's pretty much ready to bolt in and plumb up now.

Bits fresh out the mill ready for welding:

5260050683_e171f696da_b.jpg

Test fitting in my track 180 after welding:

5265473535_9024ca210e_b.jpg

Pivot base installed:

5268433582_0b5d12cda6_b.jpg

After glass beading and the adjustment lock nut turned up and installed:

5273052733_7590092963_b.jpg

The guts of it:

5273661338_0f7cb4a38f_b.jpg

Edited by samstain

• 1 month later...

thats nice, scuse my ignorance, but do you then run the cable from the hand break forward instead and it pulls on the pivot rod?

this is the exact reason why I'm trying to convince my boss that HE needs a 3 axis mill........ So I can come in on weekends and play.

Hydraulic hand brakes dont use cables, the use the hydraulic brake lines, route then through a speceific master cylinder and the rear brakes are worked normally when the lever isnt used and when the lever is used it only works the rear brakes.

5265473535_9024ca210e_b.jpg

Im assuming from how it is mounted above and looking at the pic below that the upright in the pic below will have an extension slipped over it and/or bolted to it and the stick will come up through the hole where the stereo and pocket use to be, im also guessing that it will be bent in some way so the knob will be further back towards the driver.

All of this is just my assumption, would love to see finished pics.

5268433582_0b5d12cda6_b.jpg

yeah brett's right, the old handbrake will be ripped out, a handle custom handle slips on so the new mechansim and is screwed in to place (you can just see one of the holes in the last photo).

Photo 3 & 4 shows it without and with the handle.

The handle is just a bit of tube, so once the base is mounted I'll cut it to length and bend it if requried to get it in to a comfortable position.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...