SAU Community

One For The Group A Nut's + More Fun!

Jetwreck

Hi All,

Small intro.

My name is Craig Markland. My father own's the Group A GIO GTR and I drive for Caz who own's the Group A DR30 + I may be able to get access to a couple of other Group A's....be it R31, BMW's or Sierra's!

We were recently going through how to keep these cars on the track as they require a considerable amount of work and money(like most race car's) and to do so and one of the idea's was to do a track day with passenger ride's. So what I was thinking was to hire out EC for the day(rape!!) with a car club(preferably SAU) to share some of the track hire, insurance and ambulance costs.

The thought behind it was to have passenger rides in the Group A's + a bit of a track practice and setup for some other car's and driver training as well if wanted.

Like I said this is only in thought atm but if it get's enough interest it may be worthwhile doing. The ride would be for about 4 lap's per person(1 laps warm - 2 at speed - 1 cool down) and I cannot commit to a price yet.

Anyway just putting it out there guy's to help keep the Nissan Australia Heritage alive and maybe feeling what these things can actually do and why we think(know) they were so great in there time!

P.S. Sorry Admin if I have posted this in the wrong area....feel free to move it if wanted!

cheers

Craig

I'd be more than happy to take you for a few laps in any one of the classic Nissans Craig.

Let me know a date and time that suits.

LOL!....I'm sure you would!.....and judging by what I have seen of your driving (from about 2" away) I'm sure your more than capable....but................!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...