SAU Community

Change Engine Oil Warning - V36

Everytime I start my V36 it pops up with a warning message in Japanese.

A friend who can read some tells me it's something about Engine Oil, presumably 'please change it'.

My car came into the country with 10,000kms on the clock and I assume a full oil change was done during compliance. It's done 16,000kms now.

I also know in the menus there is a setting where you can adjust the service intervals and all that.

Does anyone know if this warning appears due to sensors in the car, i.e. it can tell the oil needs changing, or is it something that service guys manually reset during a service (which they neglected to do, fair enough being all in Jap).

A friend who can read some tells me it's something about Engine Oil, presumably 'please change it'.

My car came into the country with 10,000kms on the clock and I assume a full oil change was done during compliance. It's done 16,000kms now.

I hope your compliance workshop actually changed the oil.... Im pretty sure that the one who did my car didint drop the oil

I hope your compliance workshop actually changed the oil.... Im pretty sure that the one who did my car didint drop the oil

Yep I had doubts on whether the compliance shop did change the oil in my V36 as well, so I just changed it since I've done just under 5,000km in it myself in the last 4 months. Figured I'd rather be safe than sorry, got some Mobil 1 5W-30 and changed it myself, along with a new K&N HP-1008 oil filter, all up around $120. At least now I have peace-of-mind.

Would you trust the compliance shop? Do you know them personally? My advice would be to just change it if you're unsure, or just get your mechanic to do it. I would say most compliance shops are genuine and would have done their job properly, but why take the risk? For the sake of $120, I'd rather just change it and not find out the hard way they didn't change it!

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

I have the same warning every time I start mine. There's 2, slightly different characters. No idea what it means, there's no other warnings.

Does anyone know what it says?

Did you guys read the thread....?

it's manually set. you can set it yourself inside one of the menu options. check loz's jap translation sticky

If its like the v35 then it has engine oil, engine oil filter, air filter, and something else I can't remember. It is manually set for xkms.

Using CamDictionary for Android, that error message posted above says "Oil filter - set distance has been reached, press maintanance button"

f**king technology, insane!
My second error reads "Engine oil - set distance has been reached. Press the switch information, maintanance. You can set information you chose"

Guess I'm due for a service!

Edited by awsam