SAU Community

What Brake Pads & Fluid Would U Recommened ?

Got standard brake setup on my Gts-t , but am looking to upgrade the brake pads & brake fluid for the time being. What brands of pads & fluids are recommend which will handle street driving & a bit of light track work , but will give me strong braking power ? Will be looking to upgrade the whole brake system on the car in the future , but this will be a little further down the track . When i have a bit more cash flow !!!! I know the standard setup is 4 piston calipers on front & 2 piston on rears which the car has at the moment. Also been told that when i'm ready to upgrade setup R34 Gtr system would be a good way to go ! Any thoughts would be much appreciated :thanks:

hey there I ended up replacing mine with qfm-hpx brake pads and penrite sin fluid. The brake pads are a great all round pad with very minimal brake dust and no noise but are very grippy and don't seem to chew into the rotors. Also haven't had any problems with the brake fluid.

I use Bendix Ultimate pads-DBA 4000 rotors and motol fluid, its important to change/bleed the fluid regularly, I get it fully flushed every year and bled before a track day or other spirited type of driving event.

Its a streeter that gets to the track around 4 or more times a year doing sprints, this set up has worked fine so far as I havent had brake fade yet (maybe I need to drive faster,LOL)

Cheap brake upgrade ideas:

* Good quality pads (lots of people use QFMs here)

* Good quality dot5.1 brake fluid (dot5.1 should handle higher temperatures, and if your current fluid is old it's likely absorbed lots of water over it's lifetime, and could be causing a spongy pedal)

* ADR approved braided brake lines (Most brake places can make these up or send your brake lines to someone who can)

* Brake cylinder stopper (plenty of JDM and cheaper options, helps stop the sponginess of the pedal from flex against the firewall)

* Upgrade your brake rotors (DBA and RDA have reasonably priced slotted options)

.. should definitely improve the feel of the brakes, have better braking power, be more resistant to fade, and handle higher brake fluid temperatures - all which should help with what you want - without spending a fortune on a bigger brake package ..

hey there I ended up replacing mine with qfm-hpx brake pads and penrite sin fluid. The brake pads are a great all round pad with very minimal brake dust and no noise but are very grippy and don't seem to chew into the rotors. Also haven't had any problems with the brake fluid.

Hey mate , do u still have standard rotors on ur R33 or have u upgraded them ?

I use Bendix Ultimate pads-DBA 4000 rotors and motol fluid, its important to change/bleed the fluid regularly, I get it fully flushed every year and bled before a track day or other spirited type of driving event.

Its a streeter that gets to the track around 4 or more times a year doing sprints, this set up has worked fine so far as I havent had brake fade yet (maybe I need to drive faster,LOL)

Have u got DBA 4000 rotors fitted on all 4 or just the front ? What price are u looking at for the rotors ? Thanks