SAU Community

R34 Gt-R Purchase

I've been looking for an R34 GT-R for around $42,000. I've found a white one and a silver one but to be honest I want Bayside Blue. JapaneseAutoCentre have one coming in for $44,995 but because he's a dealer I don't think he'll negotiate. Are there any other sites than carsales, drive and tradingpost to check. I've checked Gumtree and eBay too.

if your buying a car for 42k, i dont think a saving of 2k would be too much, but having any money left over is good. and yes, they do negotiate on the price, just be picky and focus on any bad points you can find.

Got ya, I'll try to be picky and I'm going to do something else. Going to take like $40-41k and tell him if he wants it he can have it or he can wait even months for an extra 2k.

Not to derail your idea, but are you 100% sure the dealer will need to wait months for you or someone else to pay the asking price?

The dealer may very well sell it very quickly as the price they are asking is cheap for a R34 GT-R.

Good luck with your seach, a couple of things that might be of interest when you are checking the cars out is the speedo cluster when the cars were new only went up to 180km and a lot of the Japanese cars coming over have had the 320km Nismo speedo's put in and that makes it a little bit more trickier to verify the km's as the speedo isn't original.

The base model R34 GTR's seem to sell about 4 to 5 thousand dollars cheaper then the V Spec models of the same age. That might be important when you are comparing cars, especially if one is a v spec and the other isn't. You might feel that its a better deal to get a non V Spec model and save the extra money.

If you are looking at a V Spec model it would be a good idea to check the rear diffuser is in good condition as a genuine rear diffuser could be worth about $4000 to buy second hand, non genuine ones would be cheaper of course and a new genuine diffuser would give you a heart attack when you priced it, just trying to point out that the rear diffuser in good condition will make a big difference to a cars value.

I have to agree that $42000 seems to be very cheap for a r34 gtr and there might be a reason that its cheap so it would be good value to spend about $265 and get a full mechanical inspection done.

edit, forgot to mention that the guys on here will check to see if the car you are interested in is a genuine V Spec or not, all you need to do is post the vin number in the post called "vins you want fasted" and some helpfull person will check it out for you.

Edited by thatlbeme

• 2 months later...

I've been looking for an R34 GT-R for around $42,000. I've found a white one and a silver one but to be honest I want Bayside Blue. JapaneseAutoCentre have one coming in for $44,995 but because he's a dealer I don't think he'll negotiate. Are there any other sites than carsales, drive and tradingpost to check. I've checked Gumtree and eBay too.

Hi mate, which state are you in?

I've got a friend who is interested in selling his black R34 GTR V-Spec II in Perth.

PM me if you are interested. :)