SAU Community

Need Help With Performance Modifications

I just found out today because my car is an automatic,it'd cost around $3,500.00 to remap or install the new piggyback ECU or something ? Not really sure.

someones taking you for a ride...

just go with a nistune board. install.. remap and away you go

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What will the NISTUNE do to my car exactly ? Sorry I'm not really familiar with this kind of things as I never had a turbocharged car before lol.

Edited by Jeremy1607

What will the NISTUNE do to my car exactly ? Sorry I'm not really familiar with this kind of things as I never had a turbocharged car before lol.

In this case I would be either doing a lot of reading on here, or just find someones setup that you like and copy their setup and take it to the same tuner (obviously must be local to you and run an automatic gearbox).

It is like getting a full aftermarket ECU as it lets you retune ignition and fuel maps in real time as well as tweak some other things.

Well I think the 230kw figure is a load of crap and I doubt with a stock ecu you are making over 180, so normally you'd see ~200 with the neo turbo. It is also a required upgrade before you can do anything else, can't go bigger turbo or change injectors without it.

Should see better economy and smoother acceleration definitely thoug, really need to see what it is like on the dyno now to see how much of an improvement there can b, some look worse than others and have a huge dip in the midrange due to it richening up.

Edited by Rolls

yep, i had my ecu remapped with a nisstune and it cost me $650.... and that was an auto ecu in a manual conversion

Yeah,I asked Imports 101 and they said they'd charge $1,500.00 for the Nistune,fitted,tuned and tested ? How come it's expensive compared to other workshop ?

Also regarding lowering the car with king springs,here in Perth Ian Diffen or Tech 9 Tyres can do them for $500 fitted but Imports 101 said they can do it for $750 fitted ?

Is it good service or a rip off ? Where did you do yours ?

Thanks.

Edited by Jeremy1607

Usually for the Nistune drive in drive out with a tune shouldn't be more than $750, i think $1500 is a bit steep for it, Instead u can get a power FC + Tune for around $1700.. I suggest you check around other places for the Nistune because its great bang for buck!!

Yeah,I asked Imports 101 and they said they'd charge $1,500.00 for the Nistune,fitted,tuned and tested ? How come it's expensive compared to other workshop ?

Also regarding lowering the car with king springs,here in Perth Ian Diffen or Tech 9 Tyres can do them for $500 fitted but Imports 101 said they can do it for $750 fitted ?

Is it good service or a rip off ? Where did you do yours ?

Thanks.

Ring around, that is steep even if they are great tuners. A boost controller is not needed for stock turbo, an exhaust will cause it to run 10-12psi anyway with an rb20 actuator.