SAU Community

Need Help With Performance Modifications

Hey,can anyone help me with what should I do or install in my R34 to get more power,torque and more responsive acceleration ?

Right now I think it makes about 230kWs and around 380Nm torque (maybe) at the wheels and does 0-100 in around 6 seconds flat.

I want to make it as powerful as it can,I know it's gonna cost alot but yeah.

And does anyone know what's the maximum power you can get out of an RB25DET NEO engine ?

Thanks !

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What kind of mods do you have on ur car, post that up so people can tell you where to take it from there.. And as for the RB25DET Neo people are using between 300-320 KW with stock internals, but above that its a bit tricky, so if u plan on keeping stock internals then stick to 300-320 KW to be on the safe side..

300-320 is not safe, it's on borrowed time.

270-280 is a much more reasonable target for long life.

Anyone can make power, it's getting it to hold together that's the issue.

Just look @ Hamish as an example. His motor lasted what, 2-3 yrs @ ~300kw

Fact is no stock motor is going to last forever @ double its factory output. People need to start accepting this.

367 rwkw, stock neo motor here. lasted 1 year of full on track use here so i have no doubt it would last a long time on the street.

as for mods all you really need is a decent turbo, grab some 60lb deka injectors, fmic, exhaust, coilpack and a nistune (along with supporting mods like fuel pump etc) and with a good tune you'll make power no worries.

Sounds like it.

Should have stuck with ethanol Hamish, if only for the protection. :ninja:

dont think e85 would have helped in this case, wrong end of engine :P

Then for the next step of mods i suggest you get bigger injectors, bosch/walbro fuel pump, Ecu[Power FC,Nistune], Heavy duty clutch[Exedy/Jim berry] and finally a bigger turbo like a GT/GTX 3071/3076 depends on whether you want response or top end power.. Another option for a more budget turbo is the High flow Hypergear ATR43G3 Turbo which is a bolt on turbo for the RB25 engine

And yea as R31Nismoid said stick to 280-300KW if you cant afford a rebuild if it dies..

Okay,what's the best website or where's the best workshop to buy the parts from ?

And I forgot to tell you that I'm running 11PSI on the stock turbo.

Hey buddy are you looking at budget mods or you want to go full out and money isnt an issue?? According to that i can help you with the mods and where to buy the parts from.. And whats your budget??

Hey there,definitely not insane modifications (like fully modified).Probably to start with,I'd say around $5,000.00 ?

I was thinking to get lowering springs installed and a new 19" set of rims,do you think I should lower the car first then change the rims or change the rims first then lower the car ?

Thanks

Then for the next step of mods i suggest you get bigger injectors, bosch/walbro fuel pump, Ecu[Power FC,Nistune], Heavy duty clutch[Exedy/Jim berry] and finally a bigger turbo like a GT/GTX 3071/3076 depends on whether you want response or top end power.. Another option for a more budget turbo is the High flow Hypergear ATR43G3 Turbo which is a bolt on turbo for the RB25 engine

had a bad run with these lately, anyone else?

Hey there,definitely not insane modifications (like fully modified).Probably to start with,I'd say around $5,000.00 ?

I was thinking to get lowering springs installed and a new 19" set of rims,do you think I should lower the car first then change the rims or change the rims first then lower the car ?

Thanks

Hey another question for you is what are ur aims with the car?? Just street driving, track driving or a mix of both??

Well then if you want to do rims and suspensions first, i suggest that you go for some good 18" Jap wheels because 19's cost more and the tires are also pretty expensive for them, Go check out the business trader section for rims they have some good deals there, I personally like the Rota Rims..

And for suspensions i would suggest you go coilovers its the best bang for ur buck for cornering and handling, these are good coilovers and are pretty reasonably priced- http://www.justjap.com/store/product.php?productid=18623&cat=&page=1