Brezza

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It looks quite neat and of good quality.

Personally I run a non-return valve after each pump but before they join via a "Y" piece. Non-return valves ensure one pump won't fight against the other if pressures are mismatched. The "converter block" on the unit you link too will offer a degree of restriction also due to the sharp change of direction the fuel goes through leaving each pump. I would prefer a "Y" adapter.

Overall, it will do the job I'm sure, just that there is technically a better way of doing it. Just my opinion, of course. :D

I've been told that the car made 372rwkw @ 25-24psi

the boost peaked at 25psi and trailed off to 24psi

last time it was dyno'd at the same place it made 364rwkw @24psi

but on a mainline dyno it made 353rwkw @24psi

<snip>

but this is making no changes other than going from a 3in cat back to a 4in cat back. ( and a tickle to the tune to ensure that mixtures are correct) all that was needed to the tune was a little more fuel in the top end.

What about more timing? Did he try and fail, or not try?

Did the spool rate improve at the high boost end, from say 18 to 24 psi?

^ Agree with the above. Was the tune even touched?

I say that cause for -5s, that's still a fvk load of boost for the power on E85

Everyone else makes that with PULP & less boost :huh:

Also handy you've had it on a couple of dynos etc to rule out one reading totally off and what not.

It looks quite neat and of good quality.

Personally I run a non-return valve after each pump but before they join via a "Y" piece. Non-return valves ensure one pump won't fight against the other if pressures are mismatched. The "converter block" on the unit you link too will offer a degree of restriction also due to the sharp change of direction the fuel goes through leaving each pump. I would prefer a "Y" adapter.

Overall, it will do the job I'm sure, just that there is technically a better way of doing it. Just my opinion, of course. :D

Thanks for the incite will differently look into it further

Cheers

^ Agree with the above. Was the tune even touched?

I say that cause for -5s, that's still a fvk load of boost for the power on E85

Everyone else makes that with PULP & less boost :huh:

Also handy you've had it on a couple of dynos etc to rule out one reading totally off and what not.

there is an issue of missfire at high rpm, i have to take it back to get my poncams installed when they arrive and a retune will be done with them on there.

i dont know if the timing was touched, i remember him saying that the top end needed a little more fuel because it was running a little lean because of the extra flow but appart from that it was fine.

next time i head around there with the cams ready to go i'll get him to print comparative graphs of the 3in exhaust, 4in exhaust and 4in exhaust and poncams.

and that should show all the differences of all three.

this probably wont be done for a while since i have my wedding in 2 weeks and honeymoon shortly after that.

also its probably not worth pushing the car mega hard on the dyno with all this hot weather we're having.

Yeah i get the before/after... All well and good...

BUT such a change in the exhaust would mean the tune would need to be looked at and adjusted for sure. Without doing so you'll never you realise the full gains of such modification.

the tune was changed,

the tuner had to add a little more fuel higher in the rpm.

also there was a problem with the boost fluctuating which needed to be fixed.

the boost controller was too sensitive and even with the settings changed the wastegates swing arm needed to be modified to not move as much when the actuator opens the gate because the turbine would slow down too quickly when the gate cracked.

• 2 months later...

Okay,

i've had some further changes made on the GTR

i had type B tomei poncams installed. with no cam gears. so cam timing is zero.

i dynoe'd the car before the cams on 25psi and it ran 360rwkw

put the cams in and had the tuner play around with the tune to get it right on the low boost (20psi) and it made 360rwkw. i thought WIN!! same power, more response and 5psi less boost. then once we were happy with the 20 psi pulling consistently between 360-365rwkw we went to high boost setting of 25psi.

and a whopping big 365rwkw. it varied between 365-370rwkw on 25psi

so in reality 5 extra psi made no difference. the low boost is great, holds boost well, and pulls right to redline.

but 25psi is bad, the boost waves around a little and it seems like it just wont flow? the tuner seems to suspect that its got something to do with the std manifolds not flowwing enough.

its a big job to change over the maifolds, i was thinking if i did that i'd change the dumps to 3in too.

i've also had the system smoke tested and pressure tested to rule out any boost leaks,

just to give a recap of mods here they are:

forged pistons

std rods

R33 GTR crank

260 degree 9.15mm lift cams

-5 turbo's

mines dump pipes (look to be 60 or 65mm)

2.75 in front pipe into 4in cat back

std manifolds

silicone intercooler hoses

ARC 70mm intercooler

K&N air filter in STD airbox

1000cc injectors (siemens)

nismo AFM's

nistune ECU

twin in tank pumps

E85

e boost street boost controller

we've tried opening up the airbox, we jammed a screwdriver to open it up and that made no difference

the ECU and tuning ware responds to changes so it isn't the software, or electronics

he said that it doesnt look like the hoses are sucking closed because you can see the power just cut off when it does that and it doesnt do that. the power just follows the same curve doesnt matter whether its on 20psi or 25psi

please help, if anyone has any idea's as to what it could be or experience of similar results?

manifolds and airbox should be ok...

There's a restriction somewhere between the back of your turbos and ur cat..

"high flow" your cat and get some big dumps and front pipes

Edited by GTR_JOEY

manifolds and airbox should be ok...

There's a restriction somewhere between the back of your turbos and ur cat..

"high flow" your cat and get some big dumps and front pipes

What's a cat?

A fury pet

Na catalytic converter, a small cylindrical emissions killer, look under the car and you ll see it... Smaller then a muffler

Sorry, i was trying to make a joke. i'm not running a cat.

which E85? caltex, united or drum?

united E85

it wasnt sitting in the tank for too long. only a week. so its not like it was in there for months.

Sorry, i was trying to make a joke. i'm not running a cat.

united E85

it wasnt sitting in the tank for too long. only a week. so its not like it was in there for months.

Good to know, I was starting to worry

when he was playing around he added another 2 degrees and it made no difference to the power output.

basically the gains when first tuning at 20 psi were good, but it seemed changes to the tune at 25psi had little to no effect.

you could see on the AFR where if it were running leaner, the power would still be the same. and timing changes had little effect at 25psi either.