SAU Community

R34 Gtt Dash Queries

skylinepower

hi fellow members,

i recently bought my r34 gtt, and love everything about it. But the one thing is that the middle part of console and gauge holder scratches easy, along with driver and passenger power window panel...

is it possible to sand down the panels and re-spray them?

i know that it would be difficult to sand down in-between the air vents and around the power window buttons.

And the climate control looks hard to work with, looks as though you have to leave it. Has anyone done something similar? or do you just leave it looking old and scratched.:unsure::/

thanks.

you can use 3M CF look alike tape or get CF underlay done

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/3M-Di-Noc-Carbon-Fiber-Fibre-Vinyl-Film-Wrap-CA-421-CF-/140501871190?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item20b6906a56

I pretty sure few people in the forum has done it with interior parts to bring the R34 to a more modern look

not sure about painting

• 1 month later...

I did mine in real carbon, but hated it, to reflective for my taste, so now I used a special paint process , it looks like black flocking but durable as hell paint . matte black and matches the dash nice with all the molded in TV, and gauges.

you can also do hydroprinting to redo them, I'm checking on setting up a shop that does it in the near future. lasts just as long as car paint does.

you can redo it with lots of things but watch the reflective issues off the windshield. etc.

annoying as hell.

its piss easy to pull off the parts for respary and sanding, even the clear part of the AC controls comes off easy with a sharp thin knife, CA glue it back on when done.

and change your lights to LED while your at it, DAN666 on here sells the kits.

Edited by sapphiregraphics