SAU Community

Lsd Not Working?

ck_chino

hey guys i notice now lately when i enter onto the hiway and i put the gas all the way down i can hear a lil bit of tire chirp wheelspin) on the inside wheels while rounding the bend of the ramp onto the hiway. is is possible that the lsd is on its way out? would changing the diff fluids front and back help the situation? how bout the rear diff? do you guys think that after a while that the lsd action is dying due to the fluid not being changed in a while? can i possibly restore the action by doing the diff fluid flush and adding the lsd additive to the rear?

ps didnt really notice the wheelspin before

Edited by ck_chino

It may just be the way your doing it if it's just a little chirp. Have you tried doing a static burnout to see if it spins two?

If the fluid hasn't been changed in a while then it could help, change it anyway

not really into doing burnouts, but i notice mainly coming out of a corner (hiway on ramp) the inboard wheels start to squeal.

but does the lsd action suppose to wear out over time?

Yes, its like a clutch it wears out over time. Changing the fluid will help keep wear to a minimum, but its not going to help AT ALL gain any lost LSD back.

hang on. the original poster has a 32 GTR. they have a clutch pack 2 way LSD standard. if working correctly they will chirp wheel or shudder a bit when doing tight and slow turns. this is the LSD locking up and as one wheel has to travel a shorter distance than the other you get a chirp or a judder. it could be just that you are turning a bit more aggressively now and noticing it?

as for starscream do you have a GTR or GTST? it makes a difference they have very different LSDs. one is clutch pack type mech LSD, the other is viscous LSD (and they do wear out and single spin badly).

hang on. the original poster has a 32 GTR. they have a clutch pack 2 way LSD standard. if working correctly they will chirp wheel or shudder a bit when doing tight and slow turns. this is the LSD locking up and as one wheel has to travel a shorter distance than the other you get a chirp or a judder. it could be just that you are turning a bit more aggressively now and noticing it?

as for starscream do you have a GTR or GTST? it makes a difference they have very different LSDs. one is clutch pack type mech LSD, the other is viscous LSD (and they do wear out and single spin badly).

i wasnt to sure what model original poster had.

should have figured it out by the signature 94 r32 = gtr

yeah mines just a gts-t.

thought it was similar/related to posted here!

looll