SAU Community

R32 Gtr Complete Rebuild

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got off phone with ERD and front of motor is stripped awaiting new water pump etc to arrive for the 100k service, motor and g/box now has oil in them and will be doing the rest of the car once up on a hoist getting the custom 3.5" stainless exhaust made as Just Jap didn't have any HKS Hi Power catbacks in stock

The HKS front pipes have arrived down there so these are ready to be bolted in

I sourced a set of BBS V-Spec/Autech rims for car with brand new tyres so these will be getting fitted for compliance as wheels on it at moment are just R34 GTT wheels running spacers which also meant i needed to buy new studs from Nissan as ones on front were cut down for spacers

I had new bonnet latch support painted to match the car and will be dropping that down at ERD this afternoon so it can be fitted and finally mount the intercooler and piping securely

It's all coming along nicely, ERD told me i could bring car down there couple weeks ago if i wanted but wouldn't really get time to do much on it till now so i was expecting it to be in there for around 3-4 weeks so they are living to their word and everything is running on time

What does 1 guy do when there project is away getting work done on it and they get bored when they have set of VSpec wheels laying around and another car which just happens to have same stud pattern :whistling:

Yepp you guessed it, just for shiittss and giggles

Take 1 set of rims

15082011232.jpg

and attach to ya daily

15082011229.jpg

they fit but tend to stick out guards just a little :rofl2:

15082011230.jpg

15082011231.jpg

• 1 month later...

Just a general update, no pics as no camera with me today

Picked car up from ERD and LOVE the custom 3.5" stainless exhaust system, sounds deep and meaty with no rasp in it at all :thumbsup:

Got to actually drive it under it's own power for first time today albeit just onto truck and up panel shops driveway but she felt nice and tight from what i could tell

She's now in the panel shop getting her new paint inside/out looking for perfection, panel shop tells me should be ready by end October. They know there on a deadline to meet compliance deadline so it better lol

Once out of panelshop will go back to ERD to have couple final touches done before heading for compliance and rego

Will be on road by December :cheers:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Only a month late so that's better than some other builds i know of

Have car back now all complied and ready for rego, getting RWC for it tommorrow so will be all official then. Fitted my personalised business plates to car today and took some pics

P1210320.jpg

P1210318.jpg

P1210319.jpg

Car drives really well, drove it home from compliance centre on a permit but noticed it does need a wheel balance and alignment (i guess you get that when you pull the front suspension out lol)

Once car comes back from getting some electrical stuff fitted i'll be hunting down pieces to bring the interior and perished rubber trims back to new condition, then fit new set of coilovers etc before D1R's go on

• 2 months later...

Just a quick update, things have slowed on this for bit as had to use as a daily for last couple months as other car was stolen and thrashed before being found by local constabulary ending with a dead motor and not worth fixing

Car has now done it's first 5000k's of general driving and is driving nicely. Has a couple minor things that need attention underneath like couple slightly worn bushes etc but they will be getting attended to VERY shortly

There is some light though at the end of the tunnel, car is away at moment getting new alarms, stereo, wiring issues etc all sorted out so expecting that back sometime next week or week after (see how busy he gets)

After this i am looking at booking it back into another shop to get whole new suspension package put in, mainly Bilstein shocks with adjustable grooves for height adjustment and new set of Kings springs, adjustable cambor and castor kits etc

The new D1R's will be going on at this time also, didn't want to put these on till i had all suspension and minor repairs done like new CV boots that were starting to crack etc

From here i will be looking at the brakes, hopefully set of Brembo's will fit under the new wheels, if not will be getting all the standard stuff rebuilt and fitting new discs etc to bring back to new condition

After all this is done is when i'll look into delving into the engine bay and start extracting more neddies from her. I saw no point in doing this first as i deem it MUCH more important that a car stops and handles to best it's ability first otherwise what's the point of making them go any better if you can't pull them up. Recipe for disaster in my book

I has a GTR and I'm not afraid to strip it. :P

lotsa new parts ordered for it as of now. it has NO dash at the moment and not a lot of interior either. I am in the process of changing the side window trims and sorting out why the car hangs its tail out (4wd is dead)and doesnt stop without lockups..(no ABS) once that is done I'll bang a stereo in it and fix a few other electrical niggles.

• 2 months later...

Any news when these new parts are going to be cleared here in Bris buddy?

Have another order ready for ya, call it Round 2 lol

• 2 weeks later...