SAU Community

Can I get 200rwkw?

gobiz

Greeting guys,

Newbie here. My car's a 1993 R33 Gts25t with mods:

Blitz pod with CAI + heat shield, FMIC hks gt 600x300x100mm, cat converter removed with 3 inch exhaust, hks sqv bov.

My car's done 90k, serviced every 5k (I used 100% synthetic - Mobil1)

1. Will I get 200rwkw when I install emanage and Profec e-01 boost controller (and get it properly tuned!)?

2. How does 200rwkw translate to BHP??

Cheers guys, awesome bunch! :headspin:

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm...

I think the man you need to talk to is Ben Martin :D

200rwkW is possible on the stock turbo but it's a freak thing where a good engine + a whole bunch of cheap mods (ie, dumps, EBC, FMIC) may get you there.

I would bargain on a lot more mods to get 200 RELIABLY day in day out like a good turbo like the HKS 2530.

The ECU is reasonably irrelevant, it may get you a few kW but it comes into it's own with you get up into the 225+ class.

200rwkW means something like 250 crank kW so it's a fair lot.

Something like 268rwhp.

T.

Thanks, I just want my skyline to be capable of 200rwkw but I dont need that sort of power everyday (too much traffic here in KL :D ).

From what I read in the threads, fuel controller adds a fair bit of power (around 10-20rwkw) on its own, and should make some more with an EBC.

so 200rwkw is about 330-340 BHP. Quite happy with that! Hehe, until the next round of mods

200 is not a huge ask. I had it with just power fc, fmic, full exhaust (but be aware, a not all 3" exhausts are equal), pod with partition and CAI and boost. This was at 0.85 bar, which I ran all day every day without a problem. At 1 bar, I think you would be closer to 210 or so, which is also realistically obtainable with stock turbo.

It will be very worthwhile to upgrade your fuel pump too, as a bit of insurance against detonation. Your afm may be out of resolution here too. Not a major problem if you will be running only one boost pressure for top end, but it can offer gains by upgrading. If you plan on upgrading your AFM, it is worth doing it before you fit the e-manage, it will save you a few dollars in tuning costs.

But definately get your fuel pump upgraded before you start more serious tuning.

My brother got 198rwkw from his 33 with just:

FMIC

Full Exhaust

Bosch Fuel Pump

K&N Pod (no CAI or heat shield)

Boost set to 12psi

Final Tune

This was at Advanced in brisbane, with standard computer and standard turbo. So it is possible with simple bolt on parts.

Higobiz, AFM change not necessary for 200 rwkw. R32/33 GTR fuel pump is a good upgrade for up to 250 rwkw, cheaper, much easier to fit and quieter than a Bosch.

Sydneykid,

Some1 said something about the stock AFM running out of resolution at 1 bar.

Is this true? Otherwise, I wouldn't want to do an unnecessary mod.

Anyone got an r33 GTR fuel pump? Must be willing to ship to Malaysia.

How easy is it to fit?

Guest INASNT
My brother got 198rwkw from his 33 with just:

FMIC

Full Exhaust

Bosch Fuel Pump

K&N Pod (no CAI or heat shield)

Boost set to 12psi

Final Tune

This was at Advanced in brisbane, with standard computer and standard turbo.  So it is possible with simple bolt on parts.

so what did they actually tune since u got a stock ecu???

Any place can bodge dyno figures to read whatever u want.

gobiz

if u get z32 afn u will need new management otherwise the car will run like crap

INASNT, he is fitting e-manage.

gobiz, the boost pressure isnt the problem, its the airflow, as the AFM measures how much air is being sucked in. I know sydneykid hasnt had a problem at 200kw with the stock AFM, but mine hit 5.1V (max) at around 4500rpm with only 189rwkw. I know I am not the only one this has happened to. As mentioned, it wont make a big difference if you are tuning to one boost pressure, but if you want to tune to 1 bar, and be able to turn the boost down, the ECU may not see the change in airflow, thus overfueling.

If you are after a GTR pump, can I suggest a post in the Wanted to buy section, or try contacting www.d1garage.com or www.japanesemotorsport.com.au as they get these in quite often.

THANKS Steve,

I'll try looking for the Z32 AFM round the wreckers here in KL. I'll try to get the fuel pump as well.

*Sigh* just thought I had enough money saved for the mods......now gotta save up more

;)

That always seems to be the case with modding, last time i put the FMIC in, I had to get a whole new front bumper plus get it painted plus get new signal lights.

so what did they actually tune since u got a stock ecu???

Any place can bodge dyno figures to read whatever u want.  

gobiz

if u get z32 afn u will need new management otherwise the car will run like crap

sorry, I meant tune as, new plugs, check timing, air fuel ratio, compression test, etc.

yes true i have seen a few places bodge dyno figures but advanced in brisbane is a very respected and well known workshop. depending on the day and the dyno, figures can be different.

gobiz, AFAIK there is only one Z32 AFM, 80mm (same as RB25) but has an orange sticker on it. If you are getting it from a wrecker, try and get the plug too, as they are different from a RB25.

If you dont have the $$, its not a huge thing at this sort of power level. Just tune the car up with stock AFM at around 0.85 bar you should have no problems with reliability at that sort of boost, and can drive around all day every day at the same boost.

Alot more important you upgrade the fuel pump - think of it as insurance.

Steve, is the emange very similar to a unichip. they both maintain the standard ecu, and they are both interceptor. they both control fuel and ign.

what im gettin at is that when i get my car tuned for 1 bar on wednesday, if my afm is running out of resolution, will the car still go alrite considering im gettin it tuned at 1 set boost level.

thanks

Maybe, hard to say until the final tune is done. Can you check the AFM voltage when you do the unichip?

It would be worth getting them to tune it and do a run at lower boost (without changing the tune) and see what happens to the AF ratios. If she starts running rich you may have your answer.

Have you done your fuel pump yet dean?