SAU Community

R34 Skyline Gtr Vspec

HKS26T

• 3 months later...

I have to update this for Steve, as Im just as excited as he is. Big props to Powertune and everyone else involved, but we were out testing yesterday (His our again today), and what an awesome shakedown. I wont post any times or details, ill let Steve do that, but here is a pic

9949619036_937517b5d5_c.jpg

1264143_711606702186289_1555694663_o.jpg

So after the cage getting painted the engine and gearbox was dropped off for installation in March. Work up until this point was faultless. I was quoted 4 weeks until completion.

April....... Wife cancer

May........Kid sick

June...... Kid not his

July.... Separated from wife

August.... Bikies after him

September... Bikies poured sulphuric acid on his hair and my legs were broken

I genuinely felt sorry for the cnut. I have succumbed to the fact that he is mentally not there. Through my observations and from my opinion (medically based) he is a compulsive liar (only the seperation part is true) which makes it very hard to deal with. Just check out his trader thread. That has only unravelled the tip of the iceberg...believe me! . I'm not here to discredit his business even though he has cost me tens of thousands through missing parts, engine failure due to poor workmanship.

So lets move on to the awesome part ;)

I had to goto the workshop to hijack my own car with a few mates unannounced. As I have a car to prep for wtac ;p

VSPORT next stop... Brakes, suspension, dry sump sorted! Superb efforts there from Todd and Johnny

POWERTUNE to finish the car for testing.... Fcking awesome gig they run there! They do everything!!!

HALTECH - so generous with time and support and such a awesome product when understood

Justin from PROWIRE who wired the whole car up without fault on the first start!!! Drops panties bro lol

Anyway.... Shakedown was frigging awesome. Could not fault the car mechanically. Haltech setup my whole data logging trackside and once again there efforts are above and beyond.

I destroyed my front left canard yesterday collecting a witches hat under lock up but I'm still getting over the novelty of clutchless shifting :P

Boz doing what he does at TRACKSCHOOL tested the car............. Video to come .......

I can't believe it's this quick out of the box so early in its testing without any aero and on its run in tune.... And weighing in at 1420kg :P

post-31999-0-69596700-1380324901_thumb.jpg

post-31999-0-99374800-1380324915_thumb.jpg

post-31999-0-96143200-1380325874_thumb.jpg

Ur "mate" did the dash I think haha

That's right.... ur mate that sent away ur exact brakes lol

just alloy wrapped in carbon.

Shifter is a custom made extension by powertune on a pivot to give the exact same consistent throw to the holinger plus signal to the Motorsport systems strain gauge shifter. It also gives the driver a back and forward feel.... vs the easy dog leg option which gives inconsistent and weird angles of thow. All this because the seat position is at the passengers rear foot rest ;)

Mouth watering for sure!

Big novelty for me at the moment pulling that big knob...all I'm thinking of is getting to sixth and bleeping the throttle on downshifts on the peddle box. Until I'm comfortable with that ill start zoning in on my lap times :P

Car is looking awesome. Can't wait to see some shakedown vids and the car out at WTAC!

Who was this in refernce to?

So after the cage getting painted the engine and gearbox was dropped off for installation in March. Work up until this point was faultless. I was quoted 4 weeks until completion.

April....... Wife cancer
May........Kid sick
June...... Kid not his
July.... Separated from wife
August.... Bikies after him
September... Bikies poured sulphuric acid on his hair and my legs were broken

I genuinely felt sorry for the cnut. I have succumbed to the fact that he is mentally not there. Through my observations and from my opinion (medically based) he is a compulsive liar (only the seperation part is true) which makes it very hard to deal with. Just check out his trader thread. That has only unravelled the tip of the iceberg...believe me! . I'm not here to discredit his business even though he has cost me tens of thousands through missing parts, engine failure due to poor workmanship.

PWOAH!!!!! what a beast man!

i noticed i havent made up any brackets for the door windows.. are they flapping around or u rekon they are fine?

congrats brother! im sure ur stocked with it all!