SAU Community

R32 & R33 Diff Housings

Hey Guys,

I just bought a 2way from trent at status and it says on the housing to suit R33 turbo. I spoke to him and he says it will fit, and he is right it all bolted straight into my R32 GTS-T. He provided me with the larger dampners etc to fill out the larger front holes so as i said it all bolted straight up.

I went to fit the tailshaft and it it approximately 1 1/2cms to short now with this diff etc in.

So i was just wondering if there is anything that could be different about my car compared to the R33 turbo housing that is different that i am not aware of.

Cheers Ben

Hey Guys,

I just bought a 2way from trent at status and it says on the housing to suit R33 turbo. I spoke to him and he says it will fit, and he is right it all bolted straight into my R32 GTS-T. He provided me with the larger dampners etc to fill out the larger front holes so as i said it all bolted straight up.

I went to fit the tailshaft and it it approximately 1 1/2cms to short now with this diff etc in.

So i was just wondering if there is anything that could be different about my car compared to the R33 turbo housing that is different that i am not aware of.

Cheers Ben

Yes, if your R32 had ABS, the diff would have had a sensor in the front snout next to the pinion shaft and they are about that much longer.

The only way you will be able to fix this is to buy a complete non-abs tailshaft