SAU Community

R33 Gtr Fuel Pump

ryanelmi

Hey guys,, im replacing my fuel pump at the moment just curious as to what pump i should go for... I have 800 cc sard injectors about to go in and im chasing around 300 awkw

What fuel pump should i run with out going crazy? and should i upgrade my fuel regulator as well? if so what type?

Thanks alot

stock 33 GTR pump is only really good enough for stock 440cc injectors. for your sard 800cc injectors a nismo pump will do fine and is the best option. it's actually a bit under your injectors. at 100% duty your injectors flow 4.8L min = 288L/ph. nismo pump flows 276L/ph so it's a bit underrated for your injectors but you'd have to be mad to be running them at 100% anyway. just buy the nismo pump.

stock 33 GTR pump is only really good enough for stock 440cc injectors. for your sard 800cc injectors a nismo pump will do fine and is the best option. it's actually a bit under your injectors. at 100% duty your injectors flow 4.8L min = 288L/ph. nismo pump flows 276L/ph so it's a bit underrated for your injectors but you'd have to be mad to be running them at 100% anyway. just buy the nismo pump.

You might have to test a factory new Nissan pump mate ;) I hear they flow almost as much as the Nismo item.

What's on paper is not correct in terms of their specs.

Proof of that was Snowman who ran what, 380rwkw on the factory pump for a while.

But i agree, buy the Nismo item, it's massively cheaper so the best solution

wow, that is the first nismo pump failure I've heard of. I've never personally seen or had one myself and until now had not heard of one. the longest I've used one is 6 years and it's still going. I've only ever owned one walbro and had to replace it once in 2 years. and heard of plenty of bosch failures too (granted many due to improper installation) but until now had not heard of a nismo failure.

wow, that is the first nismo pump failure I've heard of. I've never personally seen or had one myself and until now had not heard of one. the longest I've used one is 6 years and it's still going. I've only ever owned one walbro and had to replace it once in 2 years. and heard of plenty of bosch failures too (granted many due to improper installation) but until now had not heard of a nismo failure.

I had not started the car for a while (few months) and then once I tried to start it again that was it, just died. Put a multimeter on it and it was not drawing any amps. Had me f**ked for a while trying to figure it out... was going to try warranty via RHDJapan but it was too much of a headache. So ended up fitting a Bosch 044 for I reckon $300 in total, a proper installation though :)