SAU Community

Whiteline Nm35 Stagea Sway Bar Group Buy

Daleo

I'm looking forward to their arival. Thanks Dale, can't wait to get 'em on.:yes:

No worries Leon, I'm looking forward to getting them out; then everyone can have corner smashing beasts!:devil:

No worries Leon, I'm looking forward to getting them out; then everyone can have corner smashing beasts!:devil:

Realistically how much of an improvment will it be? I'm under no illusion that it'll be like a s15 but is corner devouring a bit over the top?

Realistically how much of an improvment will it be? I'm under no illusion that it'll be like a s15 but is corner devouring a bit over the top?

For sure, the weight of our car precludes the type of handling you can achieve with a much lighter car in tight corners or quick transitions. That's just physics. On faster, constant radius stuff, I think you can sometimes do better.

In more open, constant radius stuff, I think you'll be truly amazed at the difference.

Pre Sway Bars; On the limit, mine would lean heavily on the outside front wheel, feeling like it was on tippy toes; overloading that tyre and pushing the front wide. Also it made the rear feel really twitchy if I started to back off to bring the front in to line. If you got on the throttle and the car came on boost whilst turning (I have a rear LSD) it would also want to immediately run very wide.

Neither situation inspires confidence, and I just didn't really go looking for those last few tenths. It was better to just run really neutral throttle in the corner and then get on it once it was straight.

I was also cheating a little with my damping; running stiffer in the front to minimise weight transfer on turn in; otherwise the car felt quite floaty as you turn in. The downside of that is of course you exacerbate the understeer, as the car doesn't follow contours as well.

Post Sway Bars; As i turn in; you can literally feel the car "hunker down" as the bars resist the roll, which squares the outside front tyre against the road. It really feels like the car digs into the road; I can't really describe it any other way.

I don't experience the understeer anymore and in fact, as you apply more throttle approaching the apex (which I could never do prior) It actually transitions to a light oversteer bias on corner exit!

If I get on the throttle hard in a really tight corner it will still understeer, which is fairly normal in a heavy car with an LSD, but if I load the car up on entry, it will kick the tail out on exit as it comes on boost every time. I should point out all of these things happen at MUCH higher speeds than before uprating the Sway Bars.

The biggest change I had to make to my driving style to accommodate the newfound oversteer bias, was to resist winding on excessive opposite lock; it's better to let the torque split take care of it, apply a small amount of lock and the car will just straighten as the fronts get some drive. With a wheelful of lock; when the fronts get drive; the car will go exactly where the wheels are pointed; snapping the car back the other way, as if I'd overcorrected.

I've also been able to wind the damping right out on my BC BR's, to fully soft as I no longer need the stiffness to prevent the weight transfer on turn in. This makes the suspension more supple over bumpier roads and provided better grip in corners.

The car feels so much more secure and confidence inspiring with the bars on; it just encourages you to utilise the extra capability, and you can have faith the car will behave the same every time.

Others may have found diferent pro's and con's after fitting Sway Bars; as driving styles and preferences vary wildly, and Bar set up will also change the balance and behaviour of the car.

On my 30mm adj front, and 24mm adj rear; I'm currently running stiffest of three (front hole) on the front and middle of three (centre hole) on the rear, so my settings will not equate on the Whitelines, due to the difference in bar diameters but the overall effect is very similar, as I experienced a very similar feel when Jules (Paramour) was kind enough to let me drive his AXIS fitted with Whitelines.

Sorry about the monstrous post, but it's difficult to convey the improvement in just a few lines, and frankly, it's exactly the reason I've been so passionate about getting them; so everyone can have a car that handles as well as mine.

Cheers, Dale.

Edited by Daleo

Great write up Dale :thumbsup:. I like to see someone who's passionate about something, especially cars. Too much ho-hum, don't care attitudes around these days. And don't worry about the long post. Anyone who reads my posts knows I'm not very concise most of the time lol. And your posts are particularly easy to read with correct spelling and all ! Anyway, now I'm more keen than ever to install them.

No worries, I'd have expected everyone would be sick of hearing me bang on about sway bars by now...

Chris; I'll have them on Monday night; so any time after that is fine.

No worries, I'd have expected everyone would be sick of hearing me bang on about sway bars by now...

Chris; I'll have them on Monday night; so any time after that is fine. I'll call you on Monday.

Cheers, Dale.

Are these included in what we've already ordered, or worthwhile? http://www.ebay.com....=item1e63bded26

Not included, no. Whiteline don't list them; even for the 350Z.

I think it's possible they might be an asset as you start to go really low; you may not be able to get enough adjustment out of the standard arms. Although there have been some very low cars with no mention of them, so I'm unsure.

I've actually dealt with that particular trader; he's a great guy, very helpful, no hard sell at all. Maybe contact him for some further info?

Cheers, Dale.

Got a very quick response...

if you don't plan to lower the car then yes these still have benefits. 1 being they will be a lot stiffer than the factory arms improving corner feel and also they will be able to be adjusted to give toe thus having a better cornering feel if needed when you turn - faster more positive turning.

Sounds good to me. Will order a set to fit with the sway bars! :banana:

I picked up all the bars and links today!banana.gif

I'll start packing and posting tomorrow; so hopefully the bulk of them will reach their owners by the weekend.thumbsup.gif

I'll be PM individuals as their orders go in the post; so you can look out for them.

Again, thanks everyone for your support; it's been great dealing with true enthusiasts, a real pleasure.worship.gif

Cheers, Dale.

Just picked up my bars.

My first comment to Dale was "you have lowered your car?".. It wasn't until he opened the boot that I noticed it was filled to the brim with sway bars! Lol.

Thanks Dale! Looking forward to putting them on.

Just picked up my bars.

My first comment to Dale was "you have lowered your car?".. It wasn't until he opened the boot that I noticed it was filled to the brim with sway bars! Lol.

:rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

That's the only drawback I've found with the Stagea Swaybars; they really reduce rear cargo storage space!

Especially when you have 27 of them...:ph34r:

Just picked up my bars.

fitted em yet Chris....I want a written review before I go to bed!

fitted em yet Chris....I want a written review before I go to bed!

You can write a front Sway Bar review tomorrow; see you in the morning :thumbsup: