SAU Community

high 13s???

hey all, i will be in the market for an r33 gtst skyline in june, i have budget of $19000, but want money left over for mods, im willing to spend between $17000, and $17500 for a decent car. with the left over money i want to spend it on mods that will get me into the high to medium 13 brackets, i would like any info on how thish could be achieved, with around $2000, taking into account that the car i will buy will probably have an exhaust and an air filter, any hints, or ideas? please help.

Boost controller if already don't have one. That would set you back probably $500 - $900 for an electronic or bleed valve is something like $90.

Next probably a front i/c or computer I reckon. Computer can range anything from $600 (piggyback) to $1000+ standalone. Good japanese brand i/c would cost about $1400 +.

With these I reckon you should make it into the 13s.

Hope that help :)

But then again if you have sh$ty tires you probably will need to do something about that.

$2000 probably won't get you into repeatable high-13's, though it might if you can get some good deals.

Think turbo-back (dump, front, cat-back) exhaust, bleed valve (say, at ~10-12psi), pod filter with heat-shield, otherwise get a high-flow panel replacement. And perhaps a S-AFC or something, to tune those fuel ratios (due to the higher boost).

you'll need (at least)

front mount intercooler

boost controller (run about 13psi)

good tyres (245's 255's)

fuel management or controller (apexi safc)

pod filter with some cold air intake setup

full 3inch exhaust

that could probably see you doing low 13's (or mabye better?) with a good launch

dont just crank the boost to 13psi without the safc or cooler, shit will go bang or risk going bang.

To get a "decent" R33 GTS-t ur gonna need $20,000 and to get into the very very high 13's your going to need ~$5,000 in mods (thats if the car is 100% stock to begin with).

Their are some R33's out there doing mid 13's on a very small budget but these guys can really "drive" the thing. Most people just need a fatter wallet to achieve the same outcome.

Most people will need:

* Full exhaust

* Pod Filter

* AFtermarket ECU

* Good Rear Tyres

* Aftermarket Rear Suspension

* Boost

..and thats already ~$4,000.

Hell i've pretty much got the above mods (minus ECU) and im still playing around in the 14.1's :)

Edit: Take a look at the "SAU 1/4 Mile List" on my website (http://skylines.pnc.com.au) and you might want to PM some of the guys to see what mods they have to get the results they got.