SAU Community

Craved - Revamp

Purchased this car back in august 01 for a whopping $23K as a 1st owner in Australia car.

Car has been through alot of changes and been subject to my learning car stuff by tinkering with her since i bought it. This is one of the reasons i have decided to redo the whole car from the ground up as there was too many "just make it work" moments in the past and this led to the un-neat solutions that this attitude creates. Im sure we all know what thats like.

car was purchased with :

Volk EMU racing 16" rims

tanabe coilovers

HKS SLD

Black s1 M spec kit

Will try to find some old photos of the car when i bought it and post them up later

Here is how the car sits right now :

HKS GT3040 on stainless manifold

Tial 38mm gate

custom exhaust

sard 550c injectors

Sard FPR

044 externally mounted

Power FC

Z32 AFM

Tomei Poncams

Plazmaman Plenum

PWR radiator

making 290rwkw some years ago after i finished the install on hitmans dyno on 98ron

Been through a few changes over the last 5 months also with the addition of Tein Flex coilovers and removing the subframe and replacing all the bushes.

Car now :

IMG_3144.jpg

IMG_3145.jpg

Plan for the car is to get it ready for engineering and also make it more comfortable and reliable, then get back out on the track :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hopefully keeping this thread updated will help me with the motivation to get stuck into this rebuild. Even if i didnt know it had been approved already lol

Brake Kit :

Consists on EVO IX brembos

Custom 355mm rotors on alloy hats front and rear

Rear calipers where spaced apart 4mm to allow for the 32mm thick rotors - allowing for a more common thickness rotor for cheaper replacments

IMG_3136.jpg

IMG_3129.jpg

rears - and the reason i had to sell my work meisters :(

rearbrakeswithmeisters.jpg

no room for the caliper in there :P

Hence the 350z rims - picked them up for $200 off ebay, so got them coated up in Black chrome and it turned out to be a real nice combo with the cars colour and the rim design. Its not flush but goes well with the $300 semi slicks i picked up 2nd hand from Gordon Levin Tyres.

IMG_0366.jpg

Advan AO48 - 235/40/R18

At the end of last year i took out the rear subframe for a big overhaul - New bushes everywhere, from subframe to arms to the 2way mechanical diff mounts

IMG_0332.jpg

Split down to this:

IMG_0336.jpg

IMG_0335.jpg

Then fixed up and turned into this :

IMG_0338.jpg

IMG_0356.jpg

IMG_0355.jpg

With the alloy rear hat it will the extra cooling provided by the 2 piece rotor, but i lose the ability to use the handbrake while in motion - so no sliding that way for me

Hicas lock bar was finally installed when this was all re-installed into the car

so heres the old interior, fibreglassed in that boost guage and had the oil and water temps replacing the old hazard lights and demister switches. idea with those was to be legal while more in line of sight than the DINN console

Mona010.jpg

Then i got these :

IMG_0339.jpg

and after having this car for so long, dealing with rattling pillow ball tops and fuel pumps in the boot i decided i wanted this car to be comfortable to drive, while having plenty of power and as good handling as i can get it.....so i did this

IMG_0337.jpg

So to match the new R34 GTR seats i got the door cards and rear panels retrimmed in as close a match as i could find.

IMG_0351.jpg

The seats i got were modified to fit some non-skyline so i had to cut the mounts off the stock seats and weld them back onto the GTR seats - still only done this for the drivers seat so far

IMG_0352.jpg

IMG_0346.jpg

Rear seats were also installed from a 34 GTR

IMG_3244.jpg

new front seats changed the driving position, so i purchased some deep corn to resolve the issue :)

Wait wasnt craved silver?? Im loving the blue though, when I get off my arse and get some stuff powdercoated ill swing by and check it all out as ur only 10 mins away lol

• 2 weeks later...

Powdercoated my own set of RB26 covers while i was prepping some other parts (been sitting in powder primer waiting to go for near 2 months) , really like this colour

IMG_3278.jpg

IMG_3279.jpg

IMG_3280.jpg

Love how the RB26 looks

So after some thinking about engineering and the work i need to do with piping and ceramics on the hot side i've finally decided to build my RB26/30

Only bits left to get are :

AAC and IAC

Injectors

new PowerFC - hoping to score a D-jetro

New Exhaust Manifold

Oil pump

Crank Collar

VRS kit

everything else i have already collected - so hopefully i can get the crank collar soon and installed on the crank asap

then i'll be assembling the motor myself, nothing fancy just rebuilding the rb30e block to standard as im not after big power, just a bit more drivability.

Looking good man, subscribed.

Quick question regarding the handbrake, you mentioned you can't use it while in motion, so you do have one though? How did you make that work?

cheer mate,

re: handbrake

Im using a 2 piece rotor on the rear. specially made rear alloy hat is hard annodised for durability, but still cannot withstand the use of the handbrakes shoes on it while in motion.

I think I've got a spare here you can have cheap

Same as what my rb30 has had installed since day 1. I got a few back then for mates who turned out to waste my time and not go through with builds....

Did a little investigating..

Turns out i have Type B poncams in the RB26 head, so nows it is time to do a little research on how these will affect the power level and dilivery.

How did you find that sound deadening idea worked? How much and where from?

Without the rear seats in my R34 transfers a fair bit of road noise through the cabin... :glare:

i got a mega pack from the USA, was a long time ago so dont remember the price now

as for how it works, well i havent driven the car since doing it haha

i did notice that from doing the front half of the rear quarter panel (under the 1/4 window) that opening and closing the door has more of a thump to it than before. thats without touching the front doors yet

i have 2 sheets left out of the 9 sheets in the pack which did the 1/4 guards and the rear seat area you see in the photos. I think to finish the front half of the cabin and the boot i'll need another 2 boxes.

i got a mega pack from the USA, was a long time ago so dont remember the price now

as for how it works, well i havent driven the car since doing it haha

i did notice that from doing the front half of the rear quarter panel (under the 1/4 window) that opening and closing the door has more of a thump to it than before. thats without touching the front doors yet

i have 2 sheets left out of the 9 sheets in the pack which did the 1/4 guards and the rear seat area you see in the photos. I think to finish the front half of the cabin and the boot i'll need another 2 boxes.

I used my friend :google: and i found the company in the US... They have a new version called the SUPERLITE which is an obvious advantage for the performance side.... They have prices online for the pack similar to yours and its about $350 USD (Not sure about freight though)

If it gets rid of the road noise it will be worth doing...

What do you mean by "More of a thump"? is it just because you sealed it up and its airtight?

What do you mean by "More of a thump"? is it just because you sealed it up and its airtight?

Just less reverberation when shutting the door, like nice new cars

checkout ebay US too for the dynamat, definately cheaper than buying locally even when the dollar wasnt as good as it is now