SAU Community

Craved - Revamp

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking good!

Love the dimple dies, I want some!

Cheers :) its getting there, just cant wait to drive it around again - but i know you know that feeling lol

ebay search the following to get the set i got : 7pc 4140 Dimple Die Set (#160548222631)

Chris the car looks fantastic,,,you have sold me on those wheels,,,they suit the car perfectly. Screw the weight thats the wheels I'm buying.

Two questions if I may though

You use a circular saw to cut aluminium,,,never entered my head,,,I always use a jigsaw which is a pain in the arse. Do you use a particular blade???.

The dimpling tool I've always wanted,,,I would only ever use it on aluminum and it seems for best results I need a press. Is there another way of doing it or should I wait and make Mr Handley buy a press?.

Cheers

Neil.

Yup you need a different blade, they are good for straight edges, nibbler for roundy bits. The jigsaw just has far too much vibration and movement.

Neil,

TECHNICALLY you need a different blade - that saw is using a regular old wood blade :P spray it with inox and away you go :D

i have a table saw with the proper blade, but the brushes crumbled cos it s a crappy titon lol and i havent got around to getting new ones - but thats the best way to cut a nice edge.

Dimple dies, you can use a vice for alloy, but these cheap presses are much easier for one man operation, plus the vice jaws mark the tops and im protective of my tools lol

started coating up the mesh in the bar in satin black last week when i was doing some other stuff, hopefully get that back on sometime in the near future, just too busy these days

Are they genuine 400R lights in the front bar? They dont really seem to suit it :(

hahaha - $5 trailer reverse lights :P

will address them later

Car spent the day getting a wheel alignment from Wholesale suspension in penrith - helpful guys and good setup for the low car

turns out the front caster rods are seized so couldnt be adjusted, so ill have to address this

cars driving great, would be better if my speedo would work and in turn power steering but still easy to drive.

next step is to swap with the spare caster rods and work on the adjustable ones - see if its worth putting new bushes in them or starting again.

and swap out the speed sender to see if that is causing the speedo problem - already rewired the ECU to fix up the japanese intrusions into the wiring and replaced the cluster with the nismo 300kph one so it shouldnt be them.

oh and the 2 way is alot noiser now - but i put that down to stronger bushes and the semi slicks putting more load on it when turning sharp in the car parks

stock one is on the shelf now in lieu of the nismo 300kph one. speedo hasnt worked for a few years now lol

well it has actually, but only sometimes after a bit of a work out, and without fail at the track it works- so it makes it a bit harder to diagnose. really need some time on a hoist to trace wiring and swap out the sender unit

Lol Ive had the same problem with mine. I pulled the dash apart one day and had a play and it started working for a couple of days, but it died again. Seems r33's and speedos just dont work well together!

given me a thought though, might have to look at teh contacts on the back of the dash - as i believe it runs through the dash before it goes to the ecu .. hmmm

might as well try, forgot to remove the airbag light anyway haha

Its the sender lol - swapped it out with my daily's sender and work straight away.

heard a rumor that nissan dont sell them anymore ....

Its the sender lol - swapped it out with my daily's sender and work straight away.

heard a rumor that nissan dont sell them anymore ....

Good work on fixing it. I may have to check mine out.....lol when its actually running!

yeah dave, i had to go back in to get the hicas out

now i have to go in again for the airbag .. sigh lol

yeah michael, i was tempted to rip apart the sender unit and see whats inside that could cause the problem - but then it would have to stand still til i fixed or got another one - so i'll find a replacement then tinker :P