SAU Community

Nissan Rb26Dett Standard And Nur Stopping Production

Hello everyone on the forum.

I am investigating some information i read on the forum about Nissan Japan ceasing production of rb26dett blocks and engines this year completely.

Take note i read this information last year and couldn't believe it, so im still trying to confirm it, i know nothing of how Nissan Japan works .

With this recent earth quake its going to be even harder to confirm if they are still producing or have stopped producing .

So im relying on the information from well contacted forum members, Can some one please shed some light on this, Please can some one let me know what information they might have on production or when they produce or were going to produce engines in batches before the earth quake.

And when they are going stop production .

Im interested in getting a complete Nur long block assembly but failing that i will have to assemble a block and rods pistons etc myself from new components if i cant get a complete motor ?

Hope to hear from you guys soon.

Thanks in Advance .

Cheers

Adam

Edited by adam saiyad

Unless you require it for production/restriction racing - you are wasting your money on a NUR long block.

You are better off having a workshop properly build you one, fixing all the flaws that Nissan had 10-15 years ago.

A lot has changed, a lot of development has been done. N1/NUR long blocks etc are nothing more than overpriced rubbish.

Dollar for dollar you can get MUCH better out of a dedicated/experienced RB motor builder.

I need a Nur engine or block because i have a Nissan skyline Gtr34 Vspec II Nur and its supposed to be kept original dont want to make it worthless by slamming a 1000bhp R32 thick wall block into it.

Please help me out its a rough position to be and i will be honest the temptation to go RB30 and go highly modified is so strong........

So essentially i need to get a got nur engine or nismo fine spec. i know its a waster etc etc but a standarrd block and a nur block are like 500 usd dollars difference .

So your nur is highly modified and you want a standard nur engine or block to restore it to the original shape?

if so why would you need a new block or engine? just send it off to get your current block reconditioned. rip out all the aftermarket engine parts, sell them to gather funds and buy new oem parts.

didnt the NUR block use a different form of casting or creating the block, with something about superior strength through this Unique casting proccess?? thats why the N1 blocks could withstand a theoretical power figure of 1600hp and 2400nm of torque.

but unless you need one for racing or you just want one to keep your NUR edition gtr in perfect order, then there is absolutely no point in wasting the extra 600 bucks on a n1 block

Thankyou for all your comments and info .

I had a engine in the car, that one ran bearings, was rebuilt died had a conrod through the block after being rebuilt by a builder in South Africa, and then i got a reconditioned engine from nissan that i slapped into the car and it ran for 1200kms and also ran bearings because of improper clutch adjustment and some other factors i over looked not taking out plugs when priming the engine etc etc......

So now i dont want to use the old block as the crank walked and ate up the block a bit journals are fine untouched but the fact the crank was beating the block means ....... not a good foundation.

So essentially i need a complete motor block and head or just good short block assembly.

is this possible ?

Any one out there have somethin new for my Vspec II Nur car that needs a nur engine ?

cheers

Adam

if any one else has links or contact into nissan japan please help shed some light here i really would like to know what their game plan is so that i can plan my game plan lol.

thanks in advance

look up just jap in our trader section. They have N1's and i believe complet Nismo engines. I'm sure they'd be happy to ship one over to you if you're happy to pay the price :)

I did email them and got a response stating they can sell it but dont ship outside of australia will need to get a weight so i can work out a shipping cost.

Im still searching if any one has anything let me know, cheers and thankyou for all the input and helpfull info you guys rock, keep it up. :)

hey doesnt matter what people know or dream about in terms of max Hp figures i just need a new block and parts .

Thinking of using a good new N1 block then filling it with some forged internals from tomei, H beam rods and Channel cooling pistons and titanium coated piston rings and a standard crank.

What do you guys think ?

Was also going to use a good Tomei oil pump.

Cheers

thanks

Adam

So long as your old block has no cracks or holes punched through it, why not sleeve the block back to 86mm?

Tomei pump? There is no better wet sump pump on the market.

Filling an engine with tomei parts is great if you can afford it. But it will turn into an expensive mess if you have a monkey build it. An engine using all stock parts assembled by a pro will be far better than one filled with the tomei catalogue thats built by a monkey. Decide what you want to do, find a good builder and follow their advice. Expertise and experience is everything.

Im sure there are many builders in australia that would happily build what you are after, test run it, and then ship it over to you.

Thanks for the information, believe it or not my last block is ok just the bores are now close to 86.5 roughly as they were eaten by the debree from oil sprayers and oil contimination.

yes i understand the fundamentals of having some one good build the engine and test it but not sure thats entirely true, instead i have found a good builder here he has built lots of engines, 2jz and ca18det and also rb25s and rb20dets so he seems to be in the know how.

But he has recommended we not use the block incase its warped and there isnt a good enough machine shop to check here.

So i need a new block and extras.

Thanks in advance and cheers still looking if any one has anything?

Did you want something used or brand new?

If its new, whats wrong with the just jap blocks? If thats what you want they have them.

Even if they don't ship, it shouldn't be hard to organise a shipping broker to get all that stuff done.

Thanks for the information, believe it or not my last block is ok just the bores are now close to 86.5 roughly as they were eaten by the debree from oil sprayers and oil contimination.

yes i understand the fundamentals of having some one good build the engine and test it but not sure thats entirely true, instead i have found a good builder here he has built lots of engines, 2jz and ca18det and also rb25s and rb20dets so he seems to be in the know how.

But he has recommended we not use the block incase its warped and there isnt a good enough machine shop to check here.

So i need a new block and extras.

Thanks in advance and cheers still looking if any one has anything?

How does he intend to build you a motor if you do not have a good machine shop?

This doesn't make logical sense at all.

I still vote - if you are going to spend 5 figures (which you will easily with your part list)...

Get someone over here, NZ or JPN to build it and ship it. For that amount of money it's really not worth the risk.

Big power, in a GTR - demands a good build or you'll split blocks or spin bearings

Thanks for your replies.

I am not aiming for big horse power i just want a decent 500 550 bhp.

My dilema is as follows, this last motor i got was bought from a company called Flatwell racing in Japan.

They have said no warranty on the engine blah blah i think i need to start a new post about that and see how many others have bought engines from them and see which have failed and which havent.

Any ways the engine crank walked ate up block caused oil contamination and hence i have a stuffed head and block and crank and bearings and oil pump and turbos the list is endless......... realy endless.

So i went to have a look at a head today and it didnt make sense for me to buy it as i have a complete motor thats stuffed. and the head was second hand etc etc.

Im wanting new parts ...

Pistons and rings

And block

And crank standard

bearings

Head and cams

Oil pump tomei

and rods

So thats a complete unit literally which i think i might have to just get from Just jap

But for the same price as a Nur engine i can use a 24U block, forged H beam rods and forged pistons, tomei oil pump and some of the best parts around and still keep the car a limited edition car as the pistons are weak for high Hp and nor are the rods and nor is the oil pump so for what i want im certain this will be a good plan.

Let me know some ideas of what you guys think and then possibly i can have it built in japan. and then shipped here.,